Patient Account Representative - Patient Financial Services
Company: Eisenhower Medical Center
Location: Rancho Mirage
Posted on: May 6, 2021
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- Works under the direction of the Patient Financial Service
Manager. Is engaged in activities relating to the collection of
payment and/or resolution of self-pay balance accounts.
- Reports to
- Patient Financial Service Manager
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Minimal/ No Potential
- Preferred: Some college preferred
- Required: One year prior experience in a hospital setting or
billing certification; Experience in a clinic, payer or collection
agency setting may be substituted. Must have working knowledge of
managed care, Medicare/Medi-Cal Billing regulations.
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
- Manages new accounts, on a daily basis, by working within
Receivables Workstation. Interfaces with other departments within
the hospital, when appropriate, to obtain information necessary to
process or resolve claims. Contacts patient and/or account
guarantor to solicit payment on account.
- Works all accounts listed in the Follow-Up cue, on a daily
basis to promote collection of accounts. This will include
telephoning the payer or identifying the claim on the payers'
- Manages entire account inventory on a timely basis to promote
payment and resolution of all accounts as instructed by
- Responsible for staying current on all payer requirements by
reading bulletins, reviewing provider handbooks, accessing
- Process incoming correspondence, including signature letters,
denials, prior authorizations and additional information necessary
to process the claim.
- Records newly identified insurance plans and facilitate the
account processing of new plan in accordance with pre-billing
policies and procedures.
- Records accurate and definitive notes in the electronic account
file that depict the current status of account, issues with account
and anticipated date of resolution.
- Escalates account management to Supervisor when extraordinary
- Assigns a status codes to each worked account to enable account
tracking, statistical data gathering and audit activities.
- Manages new credit balance accounts every day and prepares
adjustments or refunds to zero the account balance.
- Handle special projects as directed by management e.g. high
dollar accounts, accounts over 180 days old, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Keywords: Eisenhower Medical Center, Palm Springs , Patient Account Representative - Patient Financial Services, Sales , Rancho Mirage, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!