Material Handling Operator
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: May 16, 2019
Palm Springs, CA, USA Gannett Co., Inc. (NYSE: GCI) is an
innovative, digitally focused media and marketing solutions company
committed to strengthening communities across our network. With an
unmatched local-to-national reach, Gannett touches the lives of
more than 110 million people monthly with our Pulitzer-Prize
winning content, consumer experiences and benefits, and advertiser
products and services. Gannett brands include USA TODAY NETWORK
with the iconic USA TODAY and more than 100 local media brands,
digital marketing services companies ReachLocal and SweetIQ, and
U.K. media company Newsquest. To connect with us, visit . Material
Handling Operator Gannett Publishing Services Palm Springs, CA
Gannett Publishing Services, a Gannett Company, has an immediate
opportunity for a Material Handling Operator in Palm Springs, CA.
The Material Handling Operator is assigned to perform warehouse
and/or production support operational functions to support
efficient production operations to achieve and maintain on-time
production, product quality standards, low waste, and operational
safety. May support all warehouse and production material handling
support functions, activities and resources to achieve operational
goals. Responsibilities Warehouse/Material Handling Tasks
- Comply with all facility material handling Standard Operating
- Gather samples, weigh and log incoming preprints according to
receiving policies and procedures.
- Comply with preprint security policies and procedures.
- First-in/First-out newsprint inventory rotation.
- Communicate with press, packaging and distribution to verify
work center warehouse support needs.
- Drive and set-up Forklift and/or clamp truck, including routine
inspection & maintenance.
- Set up and basic operation of dock doors and fixtures; fork and
clamp trucks, pallet jacks, compactors, and scales.
- Load, unload, inspect and stage newsprint, preprints, supplies
and other materials.
- Document and report all preprint transit or handling damage to
- Document and report all newsprint roll transit or handling
damage to press management.
- Deliver, stage and prepare newsprint rolls as required.
- Assist with waste newsprint recovery & recycling.
- Assist with pallet organization.
- Distribution dock support.
- Assist with inventory, reports & web portal data entry as
- General warehouse maintenance including equipment blowdown,
preventive maintenance, sweeping floors, pallet organization, and
materials disposal. Safety
- Always work in a safe manner and consistently utilize required
safety equipment to promote top-of-mind safety awareness.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Complete required annual OSHA safety training programs:
Lockout/Tag-out, Hazardous Communications, Personal Protective
Equipment, Hearing Conservation, Blood Borne Pathogens,
- Ensure all machine safety-guards are installed, functioning
properly, and in use.
- Immediately report any potential safety hazards, operational
concerns and all accidents/injuries and near misses to press
management and supervisors. Communications
- Provide timely and accurate reports and information to the
operations team and warehouse management.
- Immediately report equipment issues to management.
- Communicate scheduling needs to management and
- Communicate newsprint and preprint issues to operations
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Prior warehouse experience preferred.
- Previous print operation or industrial material handling
- Minimum two years of experience operating similar
- MSDS/hazardous materials training.
- Multi-level vertical storage stacking and staging.
- Powered industrial truck operation
- English language fluency:Speaking, reading and writing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills working in a fast-paced
deadline driven environment.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Good PC Skills includingOutlook, Excel, Word, Skype/Teams,
warehouse inventory software, Load-To-Load/UPS shipping software,
package label printing and label management.
- OSHA approved forklift/clamp truck operator training. #GPSFT
Gannett Co., Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a
drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We will
consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color,
national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance,
sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities,
disability, education, political affiliation or veteran status.
- Job Family Operations
- Job Function Marketing Solutions
- Pay Type Hourly
Keywords: News-Press, Palm Springs , Material Handling Operator, Other , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!