RN Delivery Room Full Time Nights
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: November 17, 2023
Up to $25,000 Sign On Bonus available based on experience
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides
a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute
care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery,
neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as
well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Clinical Nurse assumes the care of the antepartum, intrapartum,
postpartum patients or well newborn patients and may perform the
functions of circulating and recovery nurse for patients undergoing
cesarean sections and other peripartum surgical procedures.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Unit specific protocols and standards of care
- Initiates interdisciplinary communications and incorporates
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the ages of the patients served on the
- Acts as a liaison between patient, physicians,
family/significant other and other health disciplines.
- Develops, implements and updates an individualized teaching and
- Initiates and documents progressive patient and
- Facilitates the discharge process ensuring all goals are
addressed prior to discharge.
- Utilizes current theories and knowledge for accurate
assessments and evaluations
- Completes acuity evaluation on all assigned patients according
to unit protocol.
- Consistently performs proficiently on nursing unit. Including
but not limited to: Manages an average caseload specific to unit.
Adapts to altered work patterns, sets priorities, and modifies
assignments to meet patient needs utilizing available resources and
staff ability and availability.
- Administers medications prescribed by physicians according to
policy, including IV's, blood and blood products. Knows actions,
indications, contraindications, precautions, adverse reactions,
dosage and route of administration on all drugs before
administering to patient
- Consistently recognizes, evaluates and intervenes appropriately
in life-threatening situations.
- Consistently checks for new patient orders throughout the shift
and implements them in an appropriate timeframe. Completes an end
of shift review of physician orders.
- Consistently recognizes variances of diagnostic tests, vital
signs and assessments. Notifies the physician in time appropriate
to the variance.
- Functions as a charge nurse as assigned.
- Supports changes in clinical practice as evidenced by the plan
of care for the patient and subsequent documentation.
- Functions as a resource to co-workers. Acts as preceptor, and
other duties as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with Departmental policies and procedures.
Assume responsibility for knowledge and implementation of policy,
procedure, practice, CPG, changes.
- Follows appropriate chain of command for problem resolution
approaching problem solving with a positive attitude and
- Consistently demonstrates accountability for supervision and
communication when assigned with LVN's , unlicensed assistive
personnel, and float personnel.
- Reports, documents, and takes appropriate action (by the end of
shift) for incidents and or quality care issues that may affect the
patient's or staff well-being.
- Consistently assesses patients for risk of injury and takes
appropriate action to reduce risk and promote safety.
- Uses restraints according to policy and consistently explores
other options less restrictive. Accurate documentation demonstrated
in medical record.
- Serves as advocate for patient/family by providing information
and assists in utilization of available resources and or
alternatives for making health care decisions (i.e. advanced
directives, ethics consult etc.)
- Handles and disposes hazardous waste safely and
- Consistently handles oxygen safely
- Consistently practices hand washing and use of protective
- Establishes or assesses proper identification prior to delivery
- Requests clarification of Physician orders as necessary
***1yr or more OB experience required ***
- Current CA Registered Nurse License
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification (OB ACLS
preferred) within six months of start date with the exception of
Versant or other intern nurses who must obtain certification within
six months from the end of training period
- Current NRP certification within six months of start date with
the exception of Versant or other intern nurses who must obtain
certification within six months from the end of training
- Current EKG certification (excluding those nurses who
exclusively care for post partum patients and newborns)
- Initial Intermediate AWHONN Fetal Monitoring (excluding those
nurses who exclusively care for post partum patients and
- Current Advanced AWHONN Fetal Monitoring (excluding those
nurses who exclusively care for post partum patients and newborns)
within six months of start date with the exception of Versant or
other intern nurses who must obtain certification within six months
from the end of training period
- Effective verbal and written skills to communicate with people
on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships
with parents, families, and co-workers
- Possess active listening skills
- Compassionate and nonjudgmental care giver and
- Able to independently manage multiple priorities
- Must comply with Annual Health Review and all other required
Pay range: $51.66 Minimum - $79.4 Maximum an hour
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an individual's qualifications and
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
law.2305034173Employment practices will not be influenced or
affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , RN Delivery Room Full Time Nights, Other , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!