Infection Control Coordinator FT Days Sign on Bonus
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: September 19, 2023
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385-bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. ---Our compassionate team
provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services,
including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal
surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled
nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema
The Infection Control Coordinator (ICC) is responsible for
managing, developing and having direct oversight of the Infection
Control Program hospital wide. The ICC will work directly with
Infection Control Medical Director and coordinates activities to
ensure regulatory and state requirements are adhered to. The ICC is
responsible for training and direct oversight of the Infection
Control Practitioner to ensure consistency in infection control
practices throughout the hospital.
- Coordinates the multiple facets of the Infection Control
- Implements and designs programs which educate Staff on IC
- Assists Hospital Compliance and Patient Safety with maintaining
regulatory Infection Control Standards to protect all hospital
patients and visitors (with emphasis on populations at high risk
- Acts as hospital liaison for corporate quality Infection
- Partners with the Hospital Environmental Safety Officer on
Environment of Care Issues involving Infection Control
- Partners with the Employee Occupational Health Department to
assure Infection Control principals are maintained to protect all
hospital volunteers, and staff
- Coordinates the activities of the Infection Control Committee
with the Infection Control Medical Director
- Develops and Maintains an effective system for the surveillance
of specific hospital associated infections as designated by the
Infection Control Committee, Tenet Corporate Quality Program and
the Public Health Department
- Ensures that data is effectively evaluated and analyzed using
sound epidemiological principals as recommended by APIC, CDC,
- Coordinates and communicates surveillance data to the Infection
Control Committee. Ensures that surveillance information and action
items achieved in committee are submitted to Quality Council, MEC
and Governing Board.
- Monitors and reports all Department of Public Health required
communicable diseases. Serves as a hospital resource to nursing,
and medical staff regarding communication
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Creates and implements in-service programs with respect to
infection prevention and control.
- Prepares and presents Annual Infection Control Evaluation and
- Coordinates Infection Control Committee meeting, prepares
agenda and is responsible for meeting minute's content as well as
meeting all regulatory standards as it pertains to Infection
- Infection Control Champion for TJC and responsible for
implementing house wide initiatives to ensure uninterrupted
- Prepares and maintains Infection Control Manual consistent with
federal regulations and TJC standards and ensures any updates are
distributed to appropriate departments.
- Ensures Committee actions are communicated and acted
- Responsible for development and implementation of actions for
identified infection control issues utilizing surveillance
- Identifies areas of improvement and serves as educator for
house-wide infection control program and serves as educator for all
new employees, new Grads, volunteers and nursing students.
- Has over-sight of Infection Control Practitioner and is
responsible for training and mentoring.
- Consults with Occupational Health Services regarding Employee
Health Program as it relates to infectious diseases and infection
- Identifies documents and reports hospital acquired infections
according to the Infection Control Plan.
- Ensures Balanced Score Card Infection Control initiatives are
reported on time and with-in established benchmarks.
- Demonstrates Team approach to projects.
- Takes imitative in keeping Director fully informed on work
- Reports to work station on a regular basis for scheduled day
Answers the phones and responds to our customer needs
professionally and without complaints.
- Baccalaureate degree required
- Experience in infection prevention in an acute
- CA RN License or Degree in Epidemiology
- Has knowledge and experience in patient care practices,
microbiology, asepsis, disinfecting/sterilization, adult education
theory, program administration and epidemiology.
Pay Range: $47.33 Minimum - $73.34 Maximum an hour
Sign on Bonus: Up to $10,000
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an individual's qualifications and
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , Infection Control Coordinator FT Days Sign on Bonus, Other , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!