Lead-Patient Admitting Specialist
Company: Eisenhower Health
Location: Rancho Mirage
Posted on: May 27, 2023
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- As a working Lead-Patient Admitting Specialist, acts as subject
matter expert for Patient Admitting Specialists and front office
team for general questions and training
- The position is responsible for ensuring that all patients have
an accurate and comprehensive scheduling, and registration
experience in the office
- Customer Service - Ensures that all patients have a satisfying
registration experience and are provided with choices, option and
counseling to assist them in making their healthcare decisions
- Accurate Registrations - Ensures accurate, comprehensive
registrations of patients
- Accurate Insurance - Ensures accurate patient insurance
information is recorded including verification of eligibility and
- Point of Service Collections - Ensures that patient financial
responsibility (co-pays, deductibles) is collected at or before the
time of service
- Reports to
- Supervisor, Manager, Director, CAO
- Ages of Patients
- Neonate/ Infant (as appropriate for department)
- Pediatric (as appropriate for department)
- Adolescent (as appropriate for department)
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Minimal/ No Potential
- Preferred: High School Diploma/GED or equivalent work
- Required: Minimum 1 year in patient admitting/registration in
hospital or physician office
- Preferred: Medical terminology, payment processing, Hospital
based Federal Rules, Regulations and procedures, safety
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
- Trains new staff and provides on-going training to existing
- Resolves escalated patient/customer concerns, complaints and
issues and escalates to leader, as appropriate.
- Acts as subject matter expert for front desk operations.
- Works with leadership on process improvement to ensure
efficient and effective process flow, protocols, and training
- May be responsible for maintaining and revising provider
- May be responsible for ensuring all visits are prior
authorized, as appropriate.
- Properly greets patients.
- Properly identifies patients by using two patient identifiers
and proper method of retrieving patient history/information,
avoiding creation of duplicate Medical Records for additional
- Registers patients following standard work and maintains
compliance according to departmental benchmark guidelines. Verifies
and accurately enters and updates patient information while
registering as per departmental guidelines.
- Coordinates and assists other staff in ensuring that all
patients are registered in a timely manner.
- Properly completes check in process and/or verifies e-Check in
- Confirm all insurance information is accurate and up to
- Scan photo ID and insurance card.
- Prepares all appropriate Medicare Advanced Beneficiary Notice
(ABN) and (LMRP) program requirements and completion, including
patient notification and signature requirements at time of
- Completes the Medicare Screening Form for all Medicare patients
and adheres to completion per Medicare requirements.
- Ensures all patient access paperwork per policy, including
regulatory forms, insurance verifications and signatures required
to perform service are collected and complete.
- Collects co-pay/deductible/form fees or any appropriate
estimates and provide patient with receipt of payment.
- Answers and properly routes all incoming calls in an
appropriate and timely manner, ensuring a high level of customer
service is provided at all times.
- Responsible for collecting and routing incoming faxes and
messages, per specific clinic guidelines.
- Performs daily cash balancing per department guidelines.
- Maintains registration error accuracy rate of 97% or higher,
signaling a proper and complete registration. Demonstrates and
maintain all other departmental accuracy and productivity
- Ensures that all patient complaints or concerns are handled
using the appropriate chain of command.
- Ensures compliance with department specific guidelines and
- Successfully completes all required training, orientation, and
competency courses on timely basis.
- Demonstrates a basic knowledge of insurances, including
eligibility and benefit coverage, and other relevant
- Provides accurate cash price/quote to self-pay patients.
- Follows the identified dress code and safety protocols to
ensure patient and employee safety.
- Maintains and practices professional boundaries with all
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Eisenhower Health, Palm Springs , Lead-Patient Admitting Specialist, Other , Rancho Mirage, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...