Medical Assistant - Primary Care (Indio)
Company: Eisenhower Medical Center
Location: Rancho Mirage
Posted on: November 22, 2022
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- The position is responsible for coordinating the care of the
patient from escorting patient to exam room, performing vital
signs, preparing patient for exam and discharge and for ensuring
the accurate documentation of patient care activity
- Reports to
- Manager, Director, CAO
- Not Applicable
- Ages of Patients
- Neonate/Infant (as appropriate for department)
- Pediatric (as appropriate for department)
- Adolescent (as appropriate for department)
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- High Potential
- Preferred: High School Diploma/GED
- Required: Medical Assistant course completion if hired after
November 3, 2019, American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred: Medical Assistant Certificate
- Preferred: 1 year of healthcare experience
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
- Performs within the scope of practice for the professional
- Following standard work, assists patients to exam/procedure
rooms; obtains medical and social history, vital signs, height and
weight, allergy information, medication reconciliation information
and records data in HER.
- Assists providers so that appropriate preparation, examination
and diagnostic testing occur without error and without delay.
- Processes patient referrals to other provider offices.
- Prepares patient EMR charts timely and accurately.
- Gathers reports, labs, studies or other data pertinent to
upcoming patient appointments.
- Places order for films, labs and other studies as appropriate,
timely and accurately.
- Collaborates with patient scheduling and schedules patients as
- Answers all patient questions and requests timely and
- Faxes and copies necessary information to insurance companies,
other provider offices and other facilities as necessary.
- Records information accurately and timely in EHR.
- Responds to patient pharmacy requests in collaboration with
- Answers phones, retrieves voicemail messages and returns calls
timely and appropriately.
- Maximizes use of free time between patient and other tasks to
clean and stock rooms, copy documents and filing.
- Obtains provider or patient signatures on appropriate
- Assists with medical and office supplies inventory and or
- Follows the identified dress code and safety protocols to
ensure patient and employee safety.
- Maintains and practices professional boundaries with all
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Eisenhower Medical Center, Palm Springs , Medical Assistant - Primary Care (Indio), Other , Rancho Mirage, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!