* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position. * The
Equipment Coordinator is responsible for equipment and supply
maintenance for all areas of the Cardiology Department. This person
is responsible for the tracking, control, ordering, and
transporting. This person must be able to perform tasks with
* Reports to * Lead in Echo Lab
* Supervises * None
* Ages of Patients * None
* Blood Borne Pathogens * Minimal/ No Potential
* Qualifications * Education * High School diploma or equivalent
* Licensure/Certification * Required: American Heart Association
* Experience * Required: One year Sterile Processing Department
(SPD) experience and transporting of patients
* Preferred: Supply Ordering, Purchasing, Inventory Control
* Essential Responsibilities * Demonstrates compliance with Code
of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve
compliance questions or concerns and report suspected
* Performs transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) equipment
decontamination for patient use; disassembles, cleans, sterilizes,
and tests equipment prior to patient care use; cleans, inspects,
sterilizes, and packages high priced fragile equipment used by
these services; EP Lab, Cath Lab and TEE.
* Performs minor routine equipment maintenance including
biomedical testing prior to patient care use; able to determine the
need for additional services from BioMedical Services and/or
* Displays effective productivity and time management
* Ensures adequate storage and stocking of equipment and
supplies in all appropriate areas; orders and maintains inventory
of supplies for life support equipment.
* Maintains all required documentation, preventive maintenance,
repair, decontamination, and records.
* Performs facility search to locate misplaced TEE probes.
* In collaboration with the Echo Lead, establishes and maintains
acceptable inventory levels of supply items; places supply orders
appropriately and timely; makes recommendations for cost reduction
* Assists department staff by delivering or recovering
clean/soiled equipment as appropriate; assists the clinical staff
with and performs equipment setup/changeout, especially life
support equipment that is due to Preventive Maintenance
* In collaboration with the department Leadership Team,
identifies opportunities to streamline equipment processing and
supply processes, reduce labor time, and reduce waste.
* Performs physical assessment of department to ensure that
standards of operation comply with OSHA, AAMI, and JCAHO
requirements; in collaboration with the Director, participates in
and follows up with monthly department Environment of Care
* Assists the Department Leadership Team with clinical
evaluations of capitol equipment, minor equipment, and
* Participates in Performance Improvement and Quality Assessment
activities and interdisciplinary teams as appropriate.
* Works closely with Materials Management in all supply
procurement decisions and provides all required information to
* Assists the Echo Lead with identifying cost reduction
* Will assist when needed to transport patients.
* Performs other duties as assigned.