RN Full Time Nights 12hr 3 East
Company: Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Clinical Nurse assumes principal responsibility for the
total nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation,
evaluation of each assigned patient. The staff nurse initiates
teaching and educates the patient and family/or significant other
to attain optimal health. Access to all Patient Health Information
for treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the
ages of the patients served.
- Maintains Annual Competencies
- Performs and documents accurate comprehensive and daily
assessments per policy and standards for specific unit.
- Demonstrates knowledge associated with specific unit disease
- Demonstrates knowledge of commonly used drugs for specific
- Initiates interdisciplinary communications and incorporates
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the ages of the patients served on the
- Acts as a liaison between patient, physicians,
family/significant other and other health disciplines.
- Develops, implements and updates an individualized teaching and
- Initiates and documents progressive patient and
- Facilitates the discharge process ensuring all goals are
addressed prior to discharge.
- Utilizes current theories and knowledge for accurate
assessments and evaluations
- Completes acuity evaluation on all assigned patients according
to unit protocol.
- Consistently performs proficiently on nursing unit. Including
but not limited to: Manages an average caseload specific to unit.
Adapts to altered work patterns, sets priorities, and modifies
assignments to meet patient needs utilizing available resources and
staff ability and availability.
- Administers medications prescribed by physicians according to
policy, including IV's, blood and blood products. Knows actions,
indications, contraindications, precautions, adverse reactions,
dosage and route of administration on all drugs before
administering to patient.
- Verifies against MAR for accuracy on an ongoing basis.
- Consistently recognizes, evaluates and intervenes appropriately
in life-threatening situations.
- Consistently checks for new patient orders throughout the shift
and implements them in an appropriate timeframe. Completes an end
of shift review of physician orders.
- Consistently recognizes variances of diagnostic tests, vital
signs and assessments. Notifies the physician in time appropriate
to the variance.
- Functions as a charge nurse as assigned.
- Supports changes in clinical practice as evidenced by the plan
of care for the patient and subsequent documentation.
- Functions as a resource to co-workers. Acts as preceptor, and
other duties as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with Departmental policies and procedures.
Assume responsibility for knowledge and implementation of policy,
procedure, practice, CPG, changes.
- Maintains competence in nursing practice through in services
and participation in ongoing continuing education per year. 3 =
> 25 CEU or 10 CEU 3 Units College Credit, 2 = 10 - 24 CEU, 1 =
< 10 CEU
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Program.
- Monitors resource utilization and charge completion
- utilization is inconsistent and or incomplete
- Follows appropriate chain of command for problem resolution
approaching problem solving with a positive attitude and
- Consistently demonstrates accountability for supervision and
communication when assigned with students, unlicensed assistive
personnel, and float personnel.
- Reports, documents, and takes appropriate action (by the end of
shift) for incidents and or quality care issues that may affect the
patient's or staff well-being.
- Consistently assesses patients for risk of injury and takes
appropriate action to reduce risk and promote safety.
- Uses restraints according to policy and consistently explores
other options less restrictive. Accurate documentation demonstrated
in medical record.
- Serves as advocate for patient/family by providing information
and assists in utilization of available resources and or
alternatives for making health care decisions (i.e. advanced
directives, ethics consult etc.)
- Handles and disposes hazardous waste safely and
- Consistently handles oxygen safely
- Consistently practices hand washing and use of protective
- Establishes or assesses proper identification prior to delivery
- Requests clarification of Physician orders as necessary
Current CA Registered Nurse License
Associate Degree in Nursing ADN (G70AK)
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing BSN (G70AD)
Current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS certification
(maintain current at all times)
Effective verbal and written skills to communicate with people
on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships
with parents, families, and co-workers
Possess active listening skills
Compassionate and non judgmental care giver and advocate
Able to independently manage multiple priorities
Must comply with Respiratory Fit Testing Protection Policy
Must successfully complete EKG test within the first 30 days of
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Palm Springs , RN Full Time Nights 12hr 3 East, Other , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!