Company: Tenet Health
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: June 6, 2021
The Telecommunications Operator acts as a customer advocate
between Desert Regional Medical Center and all hospital customers.
The Telecommunications Operator provides assistance to callers by
answering and routing calls; overhead paging and beeping of
physicians and hospital personnel. This includes ensuring customer
satisfaction while providing clear and precise telephone support to
all customer requests.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- The Telecommunications Operator generates the daily hospital
- The Telecommunications Operator is responsible for the
announcement of all emergent codes.
- Answer and direct calls in a prompt and courteous manner to
ensure good customer relations.
- Is responsive to concerns or requests of patients or others
(doctors, employees, public).
- Communicates information clearly and accurately in a courteous
- Answers, places and transfers telephone calls in a courteous
manner per policy
- Develop positive working relationships with co-workers,
patients, visitors and hospital staff.
- Perform tasks in accordance with hospital procedures to protect
the health and welfare of patients and visitors.
- Displays knowledge of hospitals emergent codes.
- Pages emergencies (codes blue, red) according to procedure and
in calm, clear, concise and professional manner.
- Dispatches security guards in emergencies per policy, remaining
calm and professional. Adhering to hospital radio codes and
- Monitors emergency alarms and video monitors and responds
- Maintain and update directory information system and patient
locations to assure proper connection. Performs other clerical
duties as assigned.
- Prepares and verifies daily census and maintains current
patient admin/discharge listings.
- Maintain listing for on-call personnel and physicians per
established policy and procedure.
- Maintains working knowledge of computer systems.
- High School Diploma or GED
- One to two years previous switchboard experience.
- Customer Service/Support experience.
- Good communication skills.
- Working knowledge of PCs and PC software.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, both in
writing and verbally.
- Desire to learn and progress.
- Professional appearance acceptable to the department is
- The ability to be flexible with the working hours; Operator may
be asked to cover alternate shifts on an as needed basis.
- Experience in a hospital environment.
JOIN OUR TEAM
QUALITY CARE DELIVERED BY COMPASSIONATE PEOPLE
We know it takes a special person to work in healthcare, and we
are committed to providing our people with an enriching and
rewarding environment. We deliver the resources, tools and support
our employees need to serve our patients and customers in the best
way possible so we can create happier, healthier communities.
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
At Tenet, we believe in a diverse and inclusive environment, one
that is grounded in our dedication to the health and well-being of
all people. Respecting, nurturing and encouraging diversity of
thought, background and experience contribute to positive work
environments that result in exceptional patient care. We embrace
diversity because it's our culture, and because it's the right
thing to do.
Keywords: Tenet Health, Palm Springs , Pbx Operator, Other , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!