Inpatient Coder III Full Time Days 8hr HIM Coding Dept.
Company: Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: May 6, 2021
- 95% Accuracy Rate for Complex Acute Inpatient, Trauma Cases,
Cardiac, Thoracic, Neurosurgery, and NICU.
- Codes Inpatient, using the electronic medical records systems
according to Tenet productivity standard per coding type.
- Revenue Cycle Process for an average 2.00 DNFC.
- After review, makes the appropriate determination of placing
cases on "HOLD" based on documentation & coding guidelines with an
average 98% accuracy/appropriateness rate.
- Performs the Query process effectively, making appropriate
effort to work closely with physicians timely for clarification,
following-up on pending cases, and making the appropriate
annotations in the system.
- Knowledgeable in using coding reference materials, to include
Coding Clinic, CPT Assistant, AHIMA, Coding Alerts, Tenet Coding
Policies and other reference material on Coding Compliance Share
- Ensures compliance with the Coding Queue process whereby charts
in the high dollar Queues are coded first, with the oldest accounts
coded first and when coding from the low dollar Queues that the
oldest accounts are coded first. Ensures that under no reason
should more current or recent dated charts be coded first when
there are accounts from prior days in the Queues, unless you are in
the high dollar Queues. Ensures that under no circumstance are
charts selected for coding. POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Required: 5
years coding experience Minimum Education: CCS Certification,
Associates Degree or Bachelor's degree Required Licenses
Certifications: RHIA, RHIT, CCS, CPC, or CIC (Credentials
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Palm Springs , Inpatient Coder III Full Time Days 8hr HIM Coding Dept., Other , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!