Hospital Compliance Officer (HCO), Hi-Desert Medical Center & John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital, Pal
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Hospital Compliance Officer (HCO) has responsibility for
managing the implementation of Tenet's Ethics and Compliance
Program for his/her assigned facilities.
The Hospital Compliance Officer's
general duties and responsibilities encompass implementing Tenet's
systems, processes and policies designed to ensure compliance with
Federal healthcare program requirements at the hospital level. The
Hospital Compliance Officer is also responsible for overseeing the
implementation of Tenet's Compliance Charter in his or her
The Hospital Compliance Officer
reports directly to the Group Compliance Officer.
FUNCTIONAL EXPECTATIONS &
Among the specific responsibilities and activities of the HCO are
- Advise Hospital leadership on issues concerning compliance and
ethics matters including recommending controls designed to ensure
- Work collaboratively with Hospital leadership in compliance and
ethics program development and implementation.
- Establish effective working relationships and build credibility
within the Hospital to support a culture of ethics and
- Interface directly with Hospital employees and serve as a
sounding board for their concerns about ethics and compliance
- Independently investigate or supervise the investigation of
compliance and ethics concerns about the Hospital that are raised
through Tenet's Ethics Action Line or other reporting
- Oversee the implementation of Tenet's education and training
program that focuses on the requirements of Tenet's Compliance
Charter and the Tenet's ethics and compliance program to ensure
that all directors, employees, contractors and physicians within
the Hospital are knowledgeable of Federal healthcare program
requirements and the requirements of Tenet's Ethics and Compliance
program as required to perform their respective roles.
- Ensure distribution of compliance and ethics policies and
procedures and Tenet's Standards of Conduct.
- Coordinate with Tenet's Regional Counsel to facilitate
communication between the Compliance and Ethics Department and Law
Department on legal compliance matters.
- Identify Hospital risk areas and assist in developing auditing,
monitoring and oversight processes related to identified
- Oversee the implementation of corrective actions and monitoring
in response to identified issues and audits.
- Oversee the Privacy and Security Program, to include education
and training, investigation of privacy matters, implement
corrective actions and remediation.
- Develop monitoring systems and processes for compliance and
ethics issues at the hospital level.
- Implement policies and procedures that encourage Hospital
employees, leadership, contractors and physicians to report
suspected fraud or other improprieties without the fear of
- Chair the Hospital Compliance Committee, which oversees the
implementation of Tenet's Ethics and Compliance program and its
Compliance Charter in the facility.
- Prepare monthly compliance reports identifying compliance
- Work collaboratively with Hospital and Corporate personnel to
resolve all compliance issues identified.
- Periodically reports on ethics and compliance matters to the
Hospital Governing Board.
- Implement Tenet's compliance work plan and initiatives and
systems to prevent compliance issues from arising within the
- Report to Hospital management on compliance matters on a
- Act as a consultative resource on compliance and ethics
ATTRIBUTES AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Required experience includes:
- Strong preference for at least two years' experience in
healthcare compliance matters, preferably for a large,
multi-faceted healthcare company.
- The successful candidate will be recognized for demonstrated
knowledge in compliance process improvement and the requirements of
Federal healthcare programs. Other success factors include past
clinical, legal, auditing or other compliance experience.
- Clear, concise and persuasive writing and presentation
- Strong organizational skills and an orientation to deadlines
- Ability to respond well under pressure.
- Skills in use of information systems, databases, Excel and
- Enjoys working as a member of a cohesive team and is good at
- Well-developed communications and consensus building
- Strong presentation skills.
Professional and Personal
- An energetic, results-oriented individual, not content with the
status quo. A doer more than a talker.
- A leader who will inspire confidence and establish a sense of
common direction and vision.
- An individual with high personal and professional integrity. A
highly principled and sincere individual.
- Sensitive to the proper concerns of the staff, but able to
appropriately balance these concerns with the overall institutional
- Highly articulate with the ability to communicate effectively
and credibly in both oral and written context.
- A team player and a good listener who truly values the input of
others and their contributions, and positively responds to such
- One who accepts delegation and is able to make decisions.
- Coach, mentor, and supporter.
- Diligent about follow-through, thorough and well-prepared.
- Committed to the highest quality of patient care. Innovative
- Sense of humor. A good sense of humor responds to the flow of
conversation in ways that are creative and entertaining, not
abusive or offensive. A good sense of humor also means you can see
things from different sides, from different angles, and in
A Bachelor's degree is required and a Master's degree is
A competitive compensation program will be tailored to the selected
candidate. Base salary will be supplemented by a performance bonus
and comprehensive, well-rounded benefits program, which includes
relocation assistance. The performance bonus is based on the
performance of Tenet as reflected in its Balanced Scorecard rather
than the performance of the Hospital.
Occasional local travel between facilities in the Coachella Valley.
It is expected that the Hospital Compliance Officer will be active
in a healthcare compliance association.
Palm Springs, California
Tenet Executive Search
Keywords: TENET, Palm Springs , Hospital Compliance Officer (HCO), Hi-Desert Medical Center & John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital, Pal, Other , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!