CNA Full Time Nights Float Pool $2500 Sign On
Company: Tenet Healthcare Corporation
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides
a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute
care rehabilitation,joint replacement & spinal surgery,
neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as
well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The nursing assistant provides patient care under the direct
supervision of a registered nurse. Access to all Patient Health
Information for treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Maintain Nursing Assistant Certification
- Provide nursing care for the ortho/spin and all other med surg
- Provide skin care and hourly rounding to all patients.
- Proficient with braces and specialized equipment used by our
- The ability to obtains information and interpret information in
terms of the patient's needs.
- In the knowledge of growth and development.
- In the understanding of the range of treatment needed by these
patients, as appropriate to the ages of the patients served.
- Aware of patients individualized plan of care including goals
- Provides information to the charge nurse that assists in the
development and revision of the plan of care.
- Carries out teaching activities identified in the treatment
plan under the supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Orients patients to unit.
- Reports unsafe conditions to appropriate personnel.
- Utilizes universal precautions.
- Reports potential crisis situations to the nurse in
- Makes patient rounds.
- Responds to patients request for assistance (call light) in a
- Attends report at the beginning of the shift and assumes
responsibility for assigned groups of patients.
- Maintains current CNA (if applicable) and CPR
- Participates in designated P.I. activities.
- Demonstrates guest relations in communication, cooperation, and
in giving assistance to patients, physicians, co-workers and
visitors in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Acts as the patients advocate and assures that patient rights
- Organizes and provides care to assigned patients in accordance
with the plan of care.
- Identifies patient safety risk issues and provides and
maintains for patient safety.
- Organizes and provides care based on priority patient needs and
scheduled activities of patients.
- Obtains on admission patients height, weight, and vital signs
and documents these appropriately.
- Takes and records vital signs, and patient weights according to
physician orders or unit protocol.
- Observes for and documents changes in patients appearance,
behavior and reports changes to the Registered Nurse.
High School Diploma or GED
Education - entry level, vocational training, specialized
skills, certification and/ or experience.
Current California Nursing Assistant Certification (maintain
current at all times). Ability to work with nursing staff, patients
and families. Good oral and written communication skills. Ability
to work in a dynamic environment. Current American Heart
Association BLS certification (maintain current at all times).
Excellent customer service skills.
Keywords: Tenet Healthcare Corporation, Palm Springs , CNA Full Time Nights Float Pool $2500 Sign On, Other , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!