Company: Compass Group
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: May 24, 2023
- We are hiring immediately for a part-time BARISTA
- Location: Desert Regional Medical Center - 1150 N Indian Canyon
Dr, Palm Springs, CA 92262. Note: online applications accepted
- Schedule: FT: Monday through Friday, more details upon
- Requirement: Barista experience preferred, must have excellent
customer service skills..
- Perks: Willing to train, meal allowance, floating holidays,
cell phone stipend, discount purchase program.
- Starting Pay: $18.52 per hour Make a difference in the lives of
people, your community, and yourself. Join a culture of opportunity
with Morrison Healthcare. Our careers are filled with purpose and
empower you to transform healthcare experiences. Take a look for
yourself at the !
Morrison Healthcare is a leading national food and nutrition
services company exclusively dedicated to serving more than 806
hospitals and healthcare systems. Morrison uses the Power of Food
to create personalized dining experiences for patients and in their
cafes to advance the healing and healthful missions of its clients.
Morrison has been serving some of the nation's largest health
systems for more than 65 years and leverages culinary, nutritional,
and operational expertise to provide consistency and transform the
healthcare experience. Morrison has been recognized as one of
Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in 2020 for the 8th time
and was named a Top 125 Training Organization by Training Magazine
in 2020 for the 9th time. Glassdoor also named Morrison a 2018 Best
Places to Work and CEO Tim Pierce a 2019 Most Admired CEO. Morrison
is a Compass One Healthcare operating division within Compass Group
and has more than 1,200 registered dietitians, 300 executive chefs,
and 21,000 professional food service team members. Job Summary
Summary: Makes and serves coffee/espresso drinks and related food
and beverage items. Handles food according to HACCP guidelines and
standards for quality food-service operations. Interacts with
customers and other employees in a friendly, courteous manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepares espresso orders for customers and catering using
standard measures and recipes.
- Enters orders accurately into POS device; accepts cash and
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while
maintaining cleanliness of service area.
- Ensures proper presentation, portion control and maintenance of
proper serving temperatures; follows HACCP standards.
- Maintains sanitation and orderliness of all equipment, supplies
- Ensures proper food preparation by using approved recipes and
following prescribed production standards.
- Keeps display equipment clean and free of debris during meal
- Cleans equipment and workstation thoroughly before leaving the
area for other assignments.
- Greets customers courteously and interacts in a manner to
ensure customer satisfaction. Relays relevant concerns from
customers to supervisors.
- Serves customers quickly and efficiently, and prevents delays
in serving lines.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of daily menu items and
accurately explains them to customers.
- Serves as an advocate of selling techniques to the customer by
establishing good communication and assisting in the buying
- Ensures all display foods are merchandised attractively per
standards. Serves food neatly and attractively per standard.
- Performs other duties as assigned. BENEFITS FOR OUR TEAM
- Full-time and part-time positionsare offered the following
benefits: Retirement Plan, Associate Shopping Program, Health and
Wellness Programs, Discount Marketplace, Identify Theft Protection,
Pet Insurance, and other voluntary benefits including Critical
Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity
Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
- Full-time positions also offerthe following benefits to
associates: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance/AD, Disability
Insurance, Commuter Benefits, Employee Assistance Program, Flexible
Spending Accounts (FSAs)Morrison Healthcare is a member of Compass
Group. Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass,
we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly
based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without
regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran
status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other
classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential
functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a
reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not
necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities,
skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While
this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position
posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the
essential functions of the job based on business necessity.We will
consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those
with a criminal history (including relevant driving history), in a
manner consistent with all applicable federal, state, and local
laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for
Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the
New York Fair Chance Act. We encourage applicants with a criminal
history (and driving history) to apply.Morrison Healthcare
maintains a drug-free workplace.Req ID: 1174539
Keywords: Compass Group, Palm Springs , BARISTA (PART-TIME), Hospitality & Tourism , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...