Company: Express, Inc.
Posted on: September 19, 2022
This is a unique and exciting time to join Express. Since launching
our EXPRESSway Forward strategy in 2020, we have been steadily
advancing a transformation from being known as a store in the mall
to a brand with a purpose, powered by a styling community. We
believe that clothes can serve a higher purpose to make people look
the way they want to look and feel the way they want to feel, and
our Express brand purpose - We Create Confidence & Inspire
Self-Expression - speaks to the role our brand can play in their
Today, we are reimagining our retail and outlet stores with a
spirit of hospitality so everyone who walks through our doors has a
positive experience and leaves wanting to be a part of Generation
Express. We call our stores 'Style Studios' and our sales associate
teams 'Style Squads' - and they are the most important part of our
transformation. Our culture is defined by three values - Express
Yourself, Express Together, Express Success - and we invite you to
join us and help build, activate and amplify the Express styling
For more information about Express, Inc. please visit
Location: Cabazon, CA
The Assistant Manager assists the store manager in supervising the
store operations, recruiting, management, training and sales
functions, drive productivity, compliance with company policies,
and create a great in-store shopping experience for our
Talent - Assists in developing, inspiring, and retaining top
* Maintain a positive work environment, which encourages an
exceptionally high level of the store morale. Focusing on creating
an environment built on team work and inspiring a "one team"
* Coach, teach and train Sales Associates for effective job
* Partner with the Store Manager to identify high performing Sales
Associates to assist in their growth.
* May assist in the hiring process for Sales Associates by
participating in interview and providing feedback to the Store
Execution - Support the Store Manager's analysis of the business
and help to execute/communicate clear action plans that optimize
results and ensure effective execution of all operational
* Assist in overseeing all aspects of daily store operations.
* Execute action plans to optimize results.
* Ensure sales floor coverage in order to meet customer
* Oversee merchandise flow, such as shipment, replenishment, and
omnichannel operations, throughout the store.
* Maintain adherence to Company Policies and ensures the safety of
associates and customers.
* Manage the execution of the store strategy to achieve performance
* Optimize sales/operations opportunity, by leading the associates
consistently executes merchandising strategies, operations, loyalty
programs and other company initiatives.
Customer and Selling Experience - Support a store's environment
focused on consistently delivering a great in-store experience.
* Lead by example in creating a culture of proactive customer
engagement to exceed our customer's expectations.
* Greet and assist all customers in a friendly manner, shares
information on product, promotions, and loyalty programs.
* Resolve any customer complaints. Determines the source of issues
and takes initiative to identify and resolve them.
* Act as the customer experience leader; Accountable for results of
the customer experience and creates action plans to improve
* Creates a positive in-store experience through visual
Other essential functions may occur as directed by your
* Education: High School or Equivalent
* Years of Experience: 1-3 of relevant job experience
* Proficient in use of technology (iPad, registers)
* Demonstrates strong customer service skills
* Meets defined availability criteria, including nights, weekends
and non-business hours
* Meets physical requirements
Preferred Qualifications (skills and abilities)
* Previous retail experience preferred
* Proven ability to drive sales results
* Strong communication skills
* Minimum of two years relevant experience
* Prior sales management experience
If you would like to know more about the California Consumer
Privacy Act click here.
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in
hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any
federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires
individuals authorized for employment in the United
States.Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not
accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or
employment agencies.In the absence of a signed Master Service
Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific
requisition,Express will not consider or approve payment to any
third-parties for hires made.
Keywords: Express, Inc., Palm Springs , Assistant Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Cabazon, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!