Location: Rancho Mirage
Posted on: November 12, 2021
Posting Date Oct 07, 2021
Job Number 21113127
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary
Location The Ritz-Carlton Rancho Mirage, 68900 Frank Sinatra Drive,
Rancho Mirage, California, United States VIEW ON MAP
Brand The Ritz-Carlton
Position Type Management
Located Remotely? N
At more than 80 award-winning properties worldwide, The
Ritz-Carlton Ladies and Gentlemen create experiences so exceptional
that long after a guest stays with us, the experience stays with
them. As the premier worldwide provider of luxury experiences, we
set the standard for rare and special luxury service the world
over. We invite you to explore The Ritz-Carlton.
Accountable for the quality, consistency and production of the
specialty restaurant kitchen. Exhibits culinary talents by
personally performing tasks while leading the staff and managing
all food related functions. Coordinates menus, purchasing, staffing
and food preparation for the property's specialty restaurant. Works
with team to improve guest and employee satisfaction while
maintaining the operating budget. Must ensure sanitation and food
standards are achieved. Develops and trains team to improve
Education and Experience
* High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in culinary, food
and beverage, or related professional area.
* 2-year degree from an accredited university in Culinary Arts,
Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years
experience in culinary, food and beverage, or related professional
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Ensuring Culinary Standards and Responsibilities are Met
* Develops, designs, or creates new applications, ideas,
relationships, systems, or products, including artistic
contributions for specialty restaurant.
* Supervises specialty restaurant kitchen shift operations and
ensures compliance with all Food & Beverage policies, standards and
* Maintains food preparation handling and correct storage
* Recognizes superior quality products, presentations and
* Plans and manages food quantities and plating requirements for
the specialty restaurant.
* Communications production needs to key personnel.
* Assists in developing daily and seasonal menu items for the
* Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
* Follows proper handling and right temperature of all food
* Estimates daily specialty restaurant production needs.
* Prepares and cooks foods of all types, either on a regular basis
or for special guests or functions.
* Checks the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that
standards are met.
* Determines how food should be presented and creates decorative
Leading Discipline Teams
* Supervises and coordinates activities of cooks and workers
engaged in food preparation.
* Utilizes interpersonal and communication skills to lead,
influence, and encourage others; advocates sound financial/business
decision making; demonstrates honesty/integrity; leads by
* Leads shift teams while personally preparing food items and
executing requests based on required specifications.
* Supervises and manages specialty restaurant kitchen employees.
Managing all day-to-day operations. Understanding employee
positions well enough to perform duties in employees' absence.
* Encourages and builds mutual trust, respect, and cooperation
among team members.
* Serving as a role model to demonstrate appropriate behaviors.
* Ensuring and maintaining the productivity level of employees.
* Ensures employees are cross-trained to support successful daily
* Ensures employees understand expectations and parameters.
* Establishes and maintains open, collaborative relationships with
employees and ensures employees do the same within the team.
Maintaining Restaurant Goals
* Sets and supports achievement of kitchen goals including
performance goals, budget goals, team goals, etc.
* Developing specific guidance and plans to prioritize, organize,
and accomplish daily kitchen operations work.
* Understands the impact of kitchen operation on the overall
property financial goals and objectives and manages to achieve or
exceed budgeted goals.
* Effectively investigates, reports and follows-up on employee
* Knows and implements Safety Standards.
Ensuring Exceptional Customer Service
* Provides services that are above and beyond for customer
satisfaction and retention.
* Manages day-to-day operations, ensuring the quality, standards
and meeting the expectations of the customers on a daily basis.
* Improves service by communicating and assisting individuals to
understand guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and
individual coaching when needed.
* Sets a positive example for guest relations.
* Emphasizes guest satisfaction during all departmental meetings
and focuses on continuous improvement.
* Empowers employees to provide excellent customer service.
* Handles guest problems and complaints.
* Interacts with guests to obtain feedback on product quality and
Managing and Conducting Human Resource Activities
* Identifies the developmental needs of others and coaching,
mentoring, or otherwise helping others to improve their knowledge
* Participates in training specialty restaurant staff on menu items
including ingredients, preparation methods and unique tastes.
* Manages employee progressive discipline procedures.
* Participates in the employee performance appraisal process,
providing feedback as needed.
* Uses all available on the job training tools for employees.
* Assists as needed in the interviewing and hiring of employee team
members with appropriate skills.
* Provides information to supervisors, co-workers, and subordinates
by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
* Analyzes information and evaluating results to choose the best
solution and solve problems.
* Attends and participates in all pertinent meetings.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe
in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive,
people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any
protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any
other basis covered under applicable law.
Keywords: Marriott, Palm Springs , Speciality Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Rancho Mirage, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!