Registered Nurse Cardiovascular Lab Per Diem Days
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385-bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. ---Our compassionate team
provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services,
including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal
surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled
nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema
The Clinical Nurse provides care to complex patients. Functions as
a clinical resource in a specific unit. Participates in the
development of orientation and training and acts as a preceptor to
less experienced staff. Access to all Patient Health Information
for treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Pre-op duties includes, but is not limited to, pre-op telephone
interview and education, patient assessment documented, IV
initiation, administer pre-op medications, complete medication
reconciliation form. Complete appropriate documentation, i.e.
consent, orders, ACC form.
- Procedural nurse duties include, but are not limited to, the
administration of moderate sedation and medications, assessment,
physio- monitoring, circulating and emergency procedures.
- Recovery room duties include assessment, monitoring and
emergency procedures. Administer medications according to policy.
Discharges patients with appropriate documentation.
- Familiarization, nursing skills and competencies with Cath Lab
procedures includes but is not limited to Right and Left Heart
Catherization, PCI, intra-coronary stent, thrombolysis and
pacemakers. Consistently recognizes evaluates and intervenes
appropriately in life-threatening situations.
- Provides effective patient management through use of the
- Consistently performs proficiently which includes but is not
limited to: Manages an average caseload specific to unit, adapts to
altered work patterns, sets priorities, and modifies assignments to
meet patient needs.
- Complete and accurate charting.
- Patient transport.
- Demonstrate ability to cross train and work in other areas of
- Ordering and maintenance of supplies.
- Functions as a resource to co-workers. Acts as a preceptor to
peers and students.
- Participates in department and hospital PI plan.
- Follows hospital policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Complete advanced clinical nurse criteria.
***1 year Cath Lab experience needed***
- Current CA Registered Nurse License
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain
current at all times)
- Current American Heart Association ACLS Certification (maintain
current at all times within 30 days of hire)
- Effective verbal and written skills to communicate with people
on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships
with parents, families, and co-workers
- Possess active listening skills
- Compassionate and non judgmental care giver and
- Able to independently manage multiple priorities
- Must successfully complete EKG test within the first 30 days of
Pay Range: $51.66 - $79.40
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an individual's qualifications and
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
2305044351Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , Registered Nurse Cardiovascular Lab Per Diem Days, Healthcare , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!