RN Oncology Per Diem Days
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative , patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides
a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute
care rehabilitation,joint replacement & spinal surgery,
neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as
well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics
The Registered Nurse delivers direct care to assigned adult and or
geriatric patients in an ambulatory setting. Nursing care is
delivered using standards of care by following approved policies
These services further the vision of Desert Regional Medical Center
to create unique environments, where patients, their families,
doctors and staff come together to achieve longer and better lives
in the fight against cancer.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Assesses appropriately patient care needs and learning needs in
routine pediatric, adult and geriatric populations.
- Demonstrates ability to document pertinent nursing assessment
including physical and psycho-social findings on all assigned
- Demonstrates ability to interpret and use routine lab and
diagnostic test results.
- Demonstrates ability to apply new knowledge in routine and less
complex patient situations.
- Prioritizes identified patient care problems within assigned
patients and assumes responsibility for problem resolution,
utilizing all resources as appropriate.
- Plans patient care and education based on disease process,
anticipated patient outcomes, complications of treatment, and
psycho-social needs in collaboration with other healthcare team
- Initiates and follows through with appropriate referrals to
other interdisciplinary healthcare team members.
- Involves patient and care giver(s) in planning, setting of
goals for care, and in the delivery of care, as
- Demonstrates compliance with protocols and/or clinical pathways
in all patient interventions.
- Provides nursing care and patient education to assigned routine
patient, applying approved standards of care and policies and
- Demonstrates knowledge of principles of growth and development
throughout the lifespan to competently provide care to pediatric,
adult and geriatric patients.
- Utilizes patient education as a component of care and documents
the outcome of this intervention.
- Utilizes effective time management to complete all assignments
in a timely manner to ensure safety of patients.
- Performance reflects compliance and knowledge based on
principles as described and demonstrated in annual
- Demonstrates competency in use of technical skills as required
(i.e., IV therapy equipment utilization, universal precautions,
- Communicates with supervisor the following: change in patient
status, inability to complete assignment, and/or priority
- Communicates at level of understanding of patient, taking into
consideration cultural, educational, and age criteria.
- Communicates ideas clearly; listens effectively; keeps others
informed as necessary; chooses appropriate and timely communication
methods; share information.
- Documents effectiveness of interventions, patient and/or care
giver(s) education and discharge planning in a clear, concise and
- Demonstrates ability to act calmly, decisively and timely in
- Participates in Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) monitoring
to maintain or improve care of designated patient
- Cooperates with co-workers to maintain a productive and
harmonious work environment
- Maintains confidentiality of department and CCC patient
information. Interacts with patient/care givers, physicians and CCC
team in a positive proactive manner.
- Communicates with both hospital department and community
services professionally and appropriately.
Qualifications - External
- Complies with regulatory requirements (i.e. TJC) appropriate
- Current CA RN license (maintain current at all times)
- Current BLS (maintain current at all times)
- 2 years experience in med/surg nursing
- 1 year Oncology Nursing experience
- Competency in intravenous skills and vascular access device
- Basic e-mail, Word proficiency
- Teaching skills
- Sound ethics and communication skills
- Oncology Certified Nurse OCN desired.
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Pay Range: $49.22 - $75.62
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , RN Oncology Per Diem Days, Healthcare , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!