Nursing Program Manage Oncology Full Time Days
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385-bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides
a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute
care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery,
neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as
well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Nurse Manager has direct accountability for the supervision of
all aspects of their clinical area(s)/department which include
daily assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the
delivery of quality patient care in a cost effective manner. In
this capacity, the Manager is responsible for the organization of
work, supervision of employees, staff development, budget, quality
assurance, process improvement, and problem solving in the delivery
of services and related programs within the department and Cancer
Center. The manager functions as a clinical support and resource to
staff contributing to nursing by supporting the mission goals,
objectives, educational and research efforts of both the Cancer and
Responsible for creating, implementing, and monitoring key programs
and services related to the entire spectrum breast and breast
cancer care as well as diagnostic imaging.
These services further the vision of Desert Regional Medical Center
to create unique environments, where patients, their families,
doctors and staff come together to achieve longer and better lives
in the fight against cancer.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Develop, implement, monitor overall budget for Medical and
Surgical Oncology and non-oncology clinics. Establish and achieve
volume and revenue projections for Medical and Surgical Oncology
and non-oncology clinics
- Represent Medical and Surgical Oncology and non-oncology
clinics at the appropriate administrative, clinical, medical, and
- Oversight of staff operations, functions, problem solving,
resolution of staff issues, in-servicing to new equipment &
procedures, orientation of new staff. May include recruitment,
performance management, etc. Facilitate weekly operational work
group meetings with medical and clinical staff.
- Develop, plan, and direct implementation of comprehensive
breast center and diagnostic radiology services including equipment
acquisition. Adhere to strategic plan for Medical and Surgical
Oncology and non-oncology clinics. Develop and maintain systems to
ensure operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Oversee facilities management (equipment, space, regulations,
- Maintain departmental policy/procedure manual; monitor and
revise as necessary.
- Direct all clinical and non-clinical activities of the
department regarding services, programs and staffing requirements.
Coordinate staffing and work schedules, develop and implement
policies and procedures, participate in departmental quality
assurance and provide training and orientation for all new
employees. Conduct yearly performance evaluations and annual
competencies and facilitate educational opportunities for staff
development. Maintain a positive work environment which supports
and facilitates open communication between staff and
- Organizational Focus:
- Identifies and establishes departmental goals consistent with
the mission statement and organizational goals of the Center;
Facilitates interdepartmental coordination, identifying
opportunities for growth and change to ensure that the quality of
patient care and services are maintained. Acts as a change agent,
utilizing these opportunities to implement and needs; use initiate
change in the clinical environment.
- Cost Effective Management of Quality Outcomes:
- Monitor FTE and operating budget variances and implement
effective action plans. Communicate budgetary information to staff,
seeking their input with the goal of productivity and increased
efficiency. Develop, implement and evaluate productivity standards,
monitoring improvement trends; Develop, implement and evaluate
quality control measures, monitoring improvement trends. Clinical
- Function as a positive, creative, and effective leader,
establishing high quality standards and performance expectations.
Functions as a role model and clinical resource to staff, providing
guidance and professional development. Monitors patients' clinical
management to assure the delivery of safe, efficient, and effective
quality nursing care. Acts as a patient advocate in the
coordination, and delivery of quality patient care.; Assures
complete and accurate documentation of the nursing process.
Communicates, negotiates, and resolves patient care and
departmental issues appropriately and effectively, collaborating
with all members of the health care team. Participates in
departmental planning and preparation for the JCAHO survey.
Maintains these standards on an ongoing basis.
- Professional Self Development:
- Identifies and participates in professional development
activities related to the goals of the department and Center.
Participates in activities and programs for professional growth and
development. Utilizes these educational opportunities to enhance
professional performance and career growth to attain
pre-established self-developmental goals.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Municipal laws,
regulations and ordinances pertaining to safety, wages, employment
discrimination, accreditation, licensure, certification, and
reimbursement. Adheres to all Medical Center policies and
procedures and assures completion of quality assurance monitoring,
implementing changes and/or processes based on outcomes. Acts on
customer and staff complaints in an appropriate and timely manner.
Implementing changes as warranted by feedback. Contributes to
customer satisfaction initiatives appropriate to the department and
- Physicians: to maintain and increase referral patterns.
- Physicians: to maintain harmonious and productive working
- Hospital Client Management Staff: participate in ongoing
- Community Groups: Discuss healthcare issues and needs in the
community and maintain Breast Center visibility.
- Manager Patient Accounting: to discuss ongoing billing and
- Director Clinical Operations: to discuss ongoing clinical needs
and operational issues.
- Director of Finance: to discuss budget concerns and
- CCC Management Team: to discuss multidisciplinary clinical,
operational and administrative issues.
- Patients / Breast Center customers: to discuss customer service
likes and dislikes.
- American Cancer Society (outside): to maintain community
affiliation and community education as it relates to breast cancer
and breast health.
- Facilitating physician disagreements and compliance.
- Resolution of patient care conflicts
- Maintain communication between physicians, patients, staff, and
public information systems so info exchange is accurate, valid, and
reflects Aptium Oncology's philosophy of care and mission.
- Co-ordination of fiscal, operational, and clinical issues.
DECISION MAKING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Resolution of physician, staff, patient complaints.
- Development of streamlined systems and staff
- Develop goals and objectives
- Management of fiscal, operational and clinical issues
- Complies with regulatory requirements (i.e. TJC) appropriate
- Oncology background
- Ambulatory care background
- Management/leadership skills to mentor staff and facilitate
daily operations of the department.
- Function as a liaison for the Medical Center, physician groups
and the general public
- Teaching/education skills required. Must have the ability to
teach patients and caregivers, nursing staff, support
- Public speaking experience and adequate writing skills
- 3 Years experience in a supervisory role
- Current CA RN License (maintain current at all times)
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification required
(maintain current at all times).
- Knowledge of hospital operations, rules and
- Business and Program development
- Physician relations and physician recruiting
- Healthcare management
- Customer service
- CQI-(working knowledge and understanding of this
- Staff development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to mediate and diffuse conflict
- Program development and product line development
- Public speaking skills
- Organizational skills
- BSN and MSN Preferred
Light lifting may be required .
2305004076Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , Nursing Program Manage Oncology Full Time Days, Healthcare , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!