RN 3 Sin PCU Tele FT Nights
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Posted on: May 23, 2023
Up to $15,000 Sign On Bonus available based on experience Desert
Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital classified
as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility with an
innovative, patient centered and evidence-based Rehabilitation
Services Department. Our compassionate team provides a wide range
of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute care
rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery,
ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as
outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics. GENERAL DUTIES:
The Clinical Nurse assumes principal responsibility for the total
nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation of
each assigned patient. The staff nurse initiates teaching and
educates the patient and family/or significant other to attain
optimal health. Access to all Patient Health Information for
treatment purposes only. DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Competent in arrhythmia interpretation and expected cardiology
- Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the
ages of the patients served.
- Maintains 3 Sinatra competencies.
- Initiates interdisciplinary communications and incorporates
- Acts as a consultant in complex patient care.
- Documentation demonstrates advanced practice. Requires at least
3 cases per year reviewed for demonstration of this measure.
- Facilitates effective problem solving. Identifies at least 3
issues that affect patient care and submits resolution of issues
may be used in place of measure 3 when clinical responsibilities do
not involve medical record documentation
- Works with other disciplines for complex discharge planning and
early facilitation of discharge process.
- Utilizes current theories and knowledge for accurate
assessments and evaluations
- Completes acuity evaluation on all assigned patients according
to unit protocol.
- Consistently functions proficiently on the nursing unit.
Including but not limited to: Manages an average caseload specific
to unit Adapts to altered work patterns, sets priorities, and
modifies assignments to meet patient needs utilizing available
resources and staff ability and availability.
- Administers medications prescribed by physicians according to
policy, including IVs, blood and blood products. Knows actions,
indications, contraindications, precautions, adverse reactions,
dosage and route of administration on all drugs before
administering to patient.
- Verifies against MAR for accuracy on an ongoing basis.
- Functions as a charge nurse as assigned.
- Communicates changes in clinical practice to peers.
- Educates staff in current or changing clinical practice.
Evidenced by at least 2 different classes at least 30 min. in
length attended by 5 or more people with class outline, goals and
objectives and sign sheet included.
- Active participation on an interdisciplinary or central
committee or task force with at least 75% participation.
- Revises the orientation program or participates in same.
- Mentors other co-workers, functions as a resource, acts as
preceptor, and other duties as assigned.
- Involvement in developing procedural case management standards
and or clinical practice guidelines and ensures departmental
maintenance of standards.
- Maintains competence in nursing practice through in services
and participation in ongoing continuing education per year. 3 =
> 25 CEU or 10 CEU + 3 Units College Credit, 2 = 10 - 24 CEU , 1
- Consistently participates in the Quality Improvement Program by
initiating completion of data collection tools offering suggestions
to create action plans to improve quality of patient care.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal, ethical, and safety issues and
delivers care that is safe within the scope of practice.
- Reports, documents, and takes appropriate action (by the end of
shift) for incidents and or quality care issues that may affect the
patients or staff well-being.
- Consistently assesses patients for risk of injury and takes
appropriate action to reduce risk and promote safety.
- Uses restraints according to policy and consistently explores
other options less restrictive, with accurate documentation.
- Serves as advocate for patient/family by providing information
and assists in utilization of available resources and or
alternatives for making health care decisions (i.e. advanced
directives, ethics consult etc.)
- Establishes or assesses proper identification prior to delivery
of care. Requests clarification of Physician orders as necessary
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS: Required:
- Current CA Registered Nurse License
- Associate Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
nursing (ADN for Job Code G70AK only)
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing from an accredited school of
nursing (BSN for Job Code G70AD only)
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification (maintain
current at all times)
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification (maintain
current at all times)
- Effective verbal and written skills to communicate with people
on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships
with parents, families, and co-workers
- Possess active listening skills
- Compassionate and non-judgmental care giver and advocate
- Able to independently manage multiple priorities
- Must comply with Respiratory Fit Testing Protection Policy
- Must successfully complete EKG test within the first 30 days of
entry into this position
- NIHSS Pay Range: $51.66 - $79.40 Individual wages are
determined based upon a number of factors including, but not
limited to, an individuals qualifications and experience #LI-JS4
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
law. 2305022997Employment practices will not be influenced or
affected by an applicants or employees race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , RN 3 Sin PCU Tele FT Nights, Healthcare , Idyllwild, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...