Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) - Oncology - Full Time with Benefits - Palm Desert
Location: Mountain Center
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Pharmacist In Charge (Name on Pharmacy License) is responsible
for the daily operation of the pharmacy and to assure compliance
with the laws governing the operation of a pharmacy per the State
Board of Pharmacy. Under indirect supervision consults with
patients and medical personnel regarding medication therapy.
Provides direction to Pharmacist Residents, Pharmacist Interns,
Pharmacy Technicians, and non-licensed personnel. Dispenses,
compounds, procures, stores, and distributes pharmacy products.
Provides medical personnel and patients with medication information
and product identification. Performs other duties as required.
- Assures compliance with all regulation and laws as required by
the State Board of Pharmacy and other regulatory agencies as it
applies to the daily operation of the pharmacy where prescriptions
and compounds are dispensed.
- Provides direction to staff members
- Interviews patients to obtain information regarding drug use,
drug allergies and sensitivities and documents the information to
appropriate records of the pharmacy information system; advises
patients verbally and with written materials on significant
precautions, proper drug therapy and administration, the use of
related devices and the coordination of drug therapy with diet,
according to established policies and procedures.
- Reviews and interprets prescription orders and verifies
accuracy and completeness of patient labeling and input into
pharmacy information system.
- Dispenses, compounds, procures, stores and distributes
pharmaceuticals and pharmacy products, including antineoplastics
and/or other sterile products as required, according to legal
requirements, established policies and procedures, and accepted
professional standards of practice.
- Evaluates and resolves real or potential drug therapy problems
related to interpretation of prescriptions, drug furnishing
irregularities, service complaints and issues such as drug
procurement or equipment problems, according to established
policies and procedures.
- Confers with medical personnel concerning care and treatment of
patients, related critical diagnoses, drug dosage, interactions,
dosage forms, and other factors which might influence the course of
treatment and the activity medications; suggests changes in drug
therapy and/or use, as appropriate to assure optimum therapeutic
results and cost effective prescribing.
- Maintains work area and equipment in an organized and clean
condition; maintains a safe and efficient work environment.
- Pharmacy Degree Required.
License, Certification, Registration
- Pharmacist License (California)
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication
- Knowledgeable of Federal and State laws, regulations, and
standards regarding the provision of pharmaceutical services.
- Ability to extract pertinent information from the patient or
other sources and relate it to the patients medical management
- Ability to learn and operate pharmacy computer systems and
- Must be able to type prescription labels.
- Following language applies to PIC (name on license) in
Ambulatory Care Licensed Sterile Compounding Pharmacy only:
- Successful completion of a clinical pharmacy residency or
Ambulatory Care residency, or equivalent clinical experience in
direct patient care delivery.
- Comprehensive knowledge of current
pharmacological/biopharmaceutical principles, medical terminology,
pathologies, disease state management, age appropriate therapy, and
other information as it pertains to medical or pharmaceutical care
- Expertise in drug utilization review.
- Federal/State laws/regulations regarding delivery of pharmacy
services and the scope of practice of a pharmacist.
- Working knowledge of aseptic techniques & preparation of
sterile IV products & chemotherapeutic agents, as required.
- Emergency medication & drug monitoring, as required.
- Sources of current drug information and medical
- Ability to extract pertinent information from patient/other
sources for a medical management plan.
- Teaching ability and evaluation.
- Effective verbal/written communication skills at appropriate
- Learn & operate pharmacy computer system (s) & other equipment
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others on the patient care
- Oncology Pharmacist Qualifications Preferred
Job Category: Pharmacy
Keywords: Kaiser, Palm Springs , Pharmacist in Charge (PIC) - Oncology - Full Time with Benefits - Palm Desert, Healthcare , Mountain Center, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...