RN Neuro Trauma Full Time Days
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385 bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides
a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute
care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery,
neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as
well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Clinical Nurse assumes principal responsibility for the total
nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation of
each assigned patient. The staff nurse initiates teaching and
educates the patient and family/or significant other to attain
optimal health. Access to all Patient Health Information for
treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Knowledge of and ability to assess and care for neurologically
compromised and/or combative patients.
- Ability to care for multisystem injuries of trauma patients
including those in various orthopedic and neurological braces,
appliances, and tracheotomies
- Must be capable of working with PCA, and epidural infusion
pumps and technical pieces of equipment.
- Ability to prioritize and use electronic charting methods.
- Must be proficient in the care of chest tubes
- Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the
ages of the patients served.
- Maintains 5 Sinatra competencies.
- Initiates interdisciplinary communications and incorporates
- Works with other disciplines for complex discharge planning and
early facilitation of discharge process.
- Utilizes current theories and knowledge for accurate
assessments and evaluations
- Completes acuity evaluation on all assigned patients according
to unit protocol.
- Consistently functions proficiently on the nursing unit.
Including but not limited to: Manages an average caseload specific
to unit Adapts to altered work patterns, sets priorities, and
modifies assignments to meet patient needs utilizing available
resources and staff ability and availability.
- Administers medications prescribed by physicians according to
policy, including IV's, blood and blood products. Knows actions,
indications, contraindications, precautions, adverse reactions,
dosage and route of administration on all drugs before
administering to patient.
- Verifies against MAR for accuracy on an ongoing basis.
- Functions as a charge nurse as assigned.
- Communicates changes in clinical practice to peers.
- Mentors other co-workers, functions as a resource, acts as
preceptor, and other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal, ethical, and safety issues and
delivers care that is safe within the scope of practice.
- Reports, documents, and takes appropriate action (by the end of
shift) for incidents and or quality care issues that may affect the
patient's or staff well-being.
- Consistently assesses patients for risk of injury and takes
appropriate action to reduce risk and promote safety.
- Uses restraints according to policy and consistently explores
other options less restrictive, with accurate documentation.
- Serves as advocate for patient/family by providing information
and assists in utilization of available resources and or
alternatives for making health care decisions (i.e. advanced
directives, ethics consult etc.)
- Establishes or assesses proper identification prior to delivery
- Requests clarification of Physician orders as necessary
Current CA Registered Nurse License
Current American Heart Association BLS certification (maintain
current at all times)
Effective verbal and written skills to communicate with people on
all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships with
parents, families, and co-workers
Possess active listening skills
Compassionate and non judgmental care giver and advocate
Able to independently manage multiple priorities
Must comply with Annual Health Requirements
Pay range: $49.22 Minimum - $75.62 Maximum an hour
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an individual's qualifications and
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , RN Neuro Trauma Full Time Days, Healthcare , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!