Certified Medical Assistant
Company: Cavalier Workforce Inc
Location: Rancho Mirage
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Coordinates the care of the patient including, but not limited to;
escorting patient to exam room, performing vital
signs, preparing patient for exam and discharge, including
preparation of medical chart, returning phones calls,
facilitating physcian orders, and other duties as needed.
Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance
questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
2. Prepares patient charts timely and accurately.
3. Gathers reports to complete chart.
4. Places order for films, labs and other studies as appropriate,
timely and accurately.
5. Prints daily office schedules
6. Answers all patient questions and requests timely and
7. Files reports and notes in the charts.
8. Faxes and copies necessary information to insurance companies,
other physician offices and other facilities as
9. Ensures completeness and accuracy of all forms filled and signed
10. Confirms patient appointments timely
11. Processes billing information accurately and timely
12. Answers phones, retrieves voicemail messages and returns calls
timely and appropriately.
13. Maximizes use of free time between patients and other task to
clean and stock rooms copying documents, and filing.
14. Obtains medical history (vital signs) and assists physicians so
that appropriate preparation, examination and
diagnostic testing occur without error and without delay.
15. Processes patient referrals to other physician offices.
16. Completes the medication log.
17. Ensures patient information is correctly entered in the
18. Assists with the release of patient records and films to
19. Assists physicians as needed.
20. Obtains physician signatures on appropriate documents.
21. Assists with collection of patient payments.
22. Collaborates with the scheduling of new patients.
23. Schedules follow-up patient visits.
24. Assists with internal billing audits as necessary.
25. Assists with medical and office supplies ordering.
26. Perform scribe duties if applicable.
27. Performs other duties as assigned.
Basic computer skills for scheduling, email.
Self motivated, self starter, and able to organize efforts around
helping patients have a positive experience.
Skills and strengths in all forms of communications, particularly
verbal and written.
Exercises a high degree of initiative, judgment, and
Analyses situations accurately and takes effective action.
Establishes and maintains effective working relationships.
Excellent customer service skills with patients, co-workers and
Ability to develop and maintain physician relationships.
Preferred: College courses.
Required: Medical Assistant Course Completion if hired after
November 3, 2019, American Heart Association
Preferred: Medical Assistant Certificate
Preferred: Previous office practice experience
Certifications & Licenses:
Medical Assistant Certificate
Keywords: Cavalier Workforce Inc, Palm Springs , Certified Medical Assistant, Healthcare , Rancho Mirage, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!