LVN - Mental Health, Residential
Company: Discovery Behavioral Health
Posted on: June 25, 2022
TheLVN/LPNis responsible for assisting and supporting residents
through the entire treatment experience from admission through
discharge. The LVNis responsible for communicating observations and
insights to the treatment team (i.e. therapists, dietitian,
psychiatrist, pediatrician and facility administrator) to ensure
the team is comprehensively addressing each clients issues. The LVN
introduces each new client to his/her fellow residents and the
treatment staff, and orients each client to the rules,
expectations, and routine of the daily treatment
- Ensures all orders from physician/psychiatrist are carried out
and any information about clients and their wellbeing is promptly
and clearly communicated to physician/ psychiatrist and in
treatment team meetings.
- Follows and implements the Nursing Care Plan.
- Follows orders from physician and psychiatrist.
- Dispenses medication as prescribed.
- Counts narcotics each day, logs appropriately.
- Performs primary first aid and determines need for physician
- Performs vital signs.
- Performs weekly blood draws, where applicable.
- Maintains NG tube and administration of bolus feeds, where
- Performs related duties as required.
- Responsible to ensure all the medications needed by the clients
are ordered appropriately and available in the facility.
- Manages and orders supplies and keeps a fully stocked and
operational nursing station.
- Ensures all medications have consent forms. Ensures all the
orders on shift are carried out and documented appropriately for
- Manages clients medical needs including schedule appointments,
complete referral/ prior authorizations for medical treatments and
tests as indicated.
- Supports client during admission processes. This may include
checking in client belongings, acclimating client to the program
- Effectively and professionally communicates with families/loved
ones, as appropriate.
- Able to effectively and professionally establish rapport with
clients and loved ones
- Supervises and supports clients on community outings, when
- Objectively and accurately documents client progress on a daily
- Assists with discharge process.
- Will work during meal periods to provide supervision and
support to clients.
- Maintains an organized and safe environment.
- Makes timely requests for any absences and ensures coverage for
any scheduled shift.
- Provides milieu management throughout the treatment experience
and communicates with all team members.
- Required to sit at a meal and a snack on every shift.
- Assesses clients suicidality and possibility of danger to self
- Communicates with referral sources and outpatient providers for
continuity of care upon admission, midpoint, and discharge,
including the use of Discovery Connect.This is a Part timeposition
on Tues, Wed and Sat from 3-11 pm. . For a virtual tour of the
facility, please visit our website atdiscoverymood.com.
- LVN/LPN Certification
- Must be licensed in current state
- One year of experience required
- Must have considerable knowledge of nursing principles and
- Must demonstrate knowledge of medications and their proper
application and use
- Must be able to take vital signs and provide first aid
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free
workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, or national
origin.For more information about our company benefits, please
visit us at discoverybehavioralhealth.com/careers/PandoLogic.
Keywords: Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Location: Idyllwild, CA
- 92549 , PL: 538424536Required
Keywords: Discovery Behavioral Health, Palm Springs , LVN - Mental Health, Residential, Healthcare , Idyllwild, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!