Registered Nurse (RN) - Urology (Hirschberg)
Company: Eisenhower Medical Center
Location: Rancho Mirage
Posted on: May 13, 2022
* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
* The staff nurse provides direct patient care, collaborates with
patients, families, peers, physicians and other members of the
health care team in the delivery of health care services to the
specific patient population. The staff nurse assesses patient's
needs, plans care, implements and evaluates patient care in
accordance with the patient's needs based on the nurses knowledge
of growth/development, the hospital and nursing philosophy,
policies/procedures and standards. He/she demonstrates
leadership/management skills and a commitment to professional
accountability and growth. Position may require working at
* Reports to
* Clinical Director
* N/A, Delegates to Licensed and Non-Licensed Assistive
* Ages of Patients
* Pediatric, if appropriate for the unit
* Blood Borne Pathogens
* High Potential
* Required: BSN or MSN or enrollment in an RN-BSN or RN-MSN program
within 1 year of hire and completion within 5 years of hire if
hired after July 1, 2012
* Required: California RN licensure; American Heart Association
* Preferred: Certified in specialty practice area
* Preferred: Experience in the area of specialty or in area of
higher acuity or participation in internship program/course
* Essential Responsibilities
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
* Assesses, utilizing age specific data, the patient's physical,
psychosocial, and spiritual status in a comprehensive manner.
* Demonstrates accurate assessment skills, appropriate to the age
of the patient, based on scientific facts and principles.
* Performs initial assessment and completes required documentation
within organizational standards.
* Performs and documents ongoing assessments including observation,
physical examination, laboratory/test results, and patient response
to procedural intervention.
* Participates in the identification and clarification of patient
needs, as evidenced by participation in multidisciplinary care
planning, to achieve optimal patient outcomes.
* Reviews and revises plan of care according to change in patient's
* Completes patient classification for assigned patients as
* Implements plan of care according to identified physical,
psychosocial, and spiritual needs.
* Implements and utilizes the Relationship-Based Care Professional
Practice Model as the guide to all interactions between patients,
families, co-workers, staff, physicians, and self.
* Completes patient care assignments in compliance with established
hospital policies and procedures of clinical area.
* Prioritizes nursing interventions commensurate with patient's
* Utilizes effective verbal and written communication skills
through the presentation of pertinent information using the SBAR
format as appropriate.
* Assists other staff in the delivery of patient care, as
* Incorporates patient teaching/discharge planning to promote
optimal patient outcomes.
* Provides, evaluates retention of, and documents education to the
patient/family/significant other according to organizational
* Coordinates and documents appropriate discharge planning and
referrals to ensure continuity of care after discharge.
* Recognizes, accepts responsibility for, and maintains commitment
to professional development and clinical competency.
* Attends required professional development sessions and staff
meetings. If unable to attend, review minutes or discuss
proceedings of meetings with peers or managers.
* Identifies personal knowledge deficits and seeks
resources/consultation to ensure safe patient care.
* Utilizes all channels of communication including reading
organizational email at least once a week, to obtain knowledge,
transmit information, address concerns, and solve problems.
* Embraces change and continuously identifies opportunities for
improvement by demonstrating a commitment to utilizing evidence
* Articulates knowledge and actively participates in nursing
practice quality initiatives.
* Incorporates performance improvement recommendations into daily
* Accepts accountability and participates in problem-solving issues
related to quality patient care outcomes.
* Shares knowledge and acts as a professional resource to other
members of the health care team.
* Supports and participates in Unit Based Council initiatives.
* Contributes to professional growth of peers by providing feedback
through peer coaching and evaluation.
* Strives to be a life-long learner continuing to enroll and
complete classes and courses to advance and increase new clinical
* Complies with divisional and unit specific matrices.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Eisenhower Medical Center, Palm Springs , Registered Nurse (RN) - Urology (Hirschberg), Healthcare , Rancho Mirage, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!