Physician Assistant Oncology Hematology
Company: Palm Health Resources
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: November 15, 2021
Hematology/Oncology opening in Palm Springs, California. This
and other physician assistant jobs brought to you by
Medical Oncology Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Opportunity in Sunny Palm Springs!
We will train nurse practitioners and physician assistants coming
from other medical specialties into our oncology program! We are
truly seeking the right person! Will consider candidates from locum
to permanent positions or permanent only!
Prestigious Hospital is seeking an experienced Oncology Nurse
Practitioner or Physician Assistant to provide direct patient care
to Hematology/Oncology patients and support to a busy,
well-established and growing multidisciplinary health team. The
position is a well-rounded general oncology/hematology role with
infusion, clinic, blood and lung cancers and much more!
We are in search of a dedicated practitioner whom is hard working,
patient care oriented and truly cares about their patients.
Providing unrivaled medical care and comprehensive cancer services
in all areas of Oncology. Demonstrates commitment to system values
through customer focus and process improvements. This is a
full-time day shift position in an outpatient setting! Excellent
Quality of Life!!
- Perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures to assist the
physician in diagnosing, treating and managing patients
- Take patient histories, conduct physical examinations, and
record the data in the patient's electronic medical record; write
progress notes; prepare patient workups and summaries noting
pertinent positive or negative findings.
- Order and schedule laboratory studies, imaging studies and
diagnostic procedures; explain the necessity, preparation, nature
and anticipated effects of scheduled diagnostic and therapeutic
procedures to the patient.
- Functions independently to perform a complete history and
- Formulates a treatment plan.
- Uses evidence-based practice guidelines and assessment
- Prescribe medication and treatments and monitors the
effectiveness of interventions.
- Completes documentation and patient billing
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team members by making
- Facilitates patient and family education.
- Determines eligibility of patient for entry into clinical
- Relays appropriate information regarding patient care to the
- Provides symptom management.
- Provides on-call coverage as coordinated with physician and
weekend call as assigned through the Medical Oncology Program
- First call for practice with oncology centralized
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
Eligibility for a California licensure as a Nurse Practitioner or
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
- Est. Salary: $110,000.00 to $155,000.00 /year
- Comprehensive Benefits: Health, Dental, Matching 403B, Life,
Disability, CME Monies, Relocation Assistance, Tuition
Reimbursement and MUCH MORE!
Keywords: Palm Health Resources, Palm Springs , Physician Assistant Oncology Hematology, Healthcare , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!