Surgical Tech II - EDOSC Surgery
Company: Eisenhower Medical Center
Location: Rancho Mirage
Posted on: May 5, 2021
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- The Surgical Technologist, working under the direct supervision
of the perioperative nurse, performs the duties of a scrub person.
Prepares supplies for case, sets up and maintains the sterile
field, passes instruments and supplies to the surgeon, readies used
instruments for the cleaning and re-sterilization process.
- Reports to
- Nursing Director
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- High Potential
- Preferred: High School Diploma. Successful completion of OR
Tech training program.
- Required: American Heart Association BLS
- Preferred: CST Certification or equivalent (NCCT)
- Required: 2 years Surgical Tech experience at EMC or a
comparable acute care facility.
- Preferred: Experience in an acute multi-specialty
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
- Demonstrates and maintains aseptic technique according to the
policies and procedures of Surgical Services.
- Demonstrates competency and knowledge of the surgical
environment regarding traffic patterns and contamination of the
- Anticipates surgeons needs by review of preference card and
procuring appropriate supplies prior to start of case.
- Maintains orderly instrument table and surgical field.
- Remains attentive to the progression of the case in order to
anticipate surgeon's needs.
- Verbally verifies and labels medications and irrigations on the
back table with perioperative nurse.
- Maintains and documents accurate sponge, needle, and instrument
counts with the perioperative nurse.
- Properly disposes of all sharps and biohazardous waste.
- Accurately identifies surgical specimen and transfers to the
- Prepares instruments for cleaning and resterilization.
- Assists with putting away supplies and room turnover.
- Contributes to maximum efficiency of the surgical line up in
order to adhere to surgical start times.
- Demonstrates cost effectiveness by using judgment when opening
and using supplies.
- Keeps current with new intraoperative techniques and equipment
through participation in unit based and continuing education.
- Acts as a preceptor to new staff and students.
- Serve as a role model to new employees and other staff members.
Coaches team to anticipate resources.
- Communicate effectively with patients, staff members and
- Manages at least one department project or gives one staff
in-service per year.
- Assume responsibility for self and ensures that the policies,
procedures and safety practices of the Operating Room and Hospital
- Use critical thinking to anticipate the needs of the surgical
team and perform other duties and responsibilities as
- Accepts responsibilities only within scope of practice.
Keywords: Eisenhower Medical Center, Palm Springs , Surgical Tech II - EDOSC Surgery, Healthcare , Rancho Mirage, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!