RN Clinical Manager 4 East SNF Per Diem Days
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: February 10, 2024
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385-bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides
a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute
care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery,
neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as
well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics. Summary
The Clinical Manger is responsible for the day-to-day shift
operations in the Skilled Nursing Facility. He/she manages human
resources at the unit level in a cost-effective manner. The
Clinical Manager promptly and fully investigates and resolves
complaints of patients, visitors, staff, and physicians, advising
management / administration appropriately. The Clinical Manager
demonstrates an ability to respond and provide direction in
changing workload during crisis and emergency situations. The
Clinical Manager accepts responsibility for helping employees
understand difficult administrative decisions. Access to all
Patient Health Information for treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
Age Specific Responsibilities
1. Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the
2. Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development appropriate to
the ages of the patients normally seen on the Unit.
3. Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the
ages of the patients normally seen on the Unit. Primary Position
Responsibilities Staff Management 1. Assist Director with
performance evaluations as requested
2. Counsels and disciplines staff in a timely manner as needed.
Communicates disciplinary issues to Director.
3. Interviews staff as requested by Director.
4. Assures orientation is completed for all new and floating
5. Promotes sound staffing practices by optimizing the utilization
of human resources keeping in line with established bench marking
and acuity data.
6. Flexes staffing appropriate and timely in accordance with
patient acuity and census levels.
7. Utilizes individual patient classification system which predicts
nursing care requirements by shift, and maintains documentation to
discern trends and patterns of nursing care delivery by shift and
staff mix in the daily staffing of the unit.
8. Assists in and understands YTD compliance with labor hour
benchmark per unit of service.
9. Assesses and assists in the implementation of staff development
and cross-training as needed.
10. Makes appropriate and fair staff/patient assignments taking
into account the skill level and familiarity of the staff with the
11. Ensures staff complies with break assignment and cover. Does
not allow multiple staff of same classification to leave the floor
at the same time.
12. Ensures self and staff follow customer satisfaction
initiatives, infection control, safety and other regulatory
guidelines at all times. Shift Management 1. Coordinates operation
and systems within the unit on a specific shift.
2. Routinely participates in patient care in the department to
achieve cost and staffing effectiveness
3. Facilitates unit workflow and teamwork.
4. Acts to facilitate interdepartmental interactions.
5. Demonstrates effective problem solving.
6. Reviews referred patients for appropriateness for admission to
SNF. Considers skilled needs, ability of SNF to provide appropriate
care, acuity of patient and current population. Refers screened
patient to Director if unsure of suitability for admission.
7. Makes appropriate bed assignments decisions based on and
including (but not limited to) infection issues, cognition, type of
illness, fall risk, etc. Attempt to ensure compatibility of room
mates as much as is possible.
8. Assigns admissions to staff fairly and equitably. Ensures report
9. Ensures admissions and discharges process
10. Promptly responds to, and investigates all patient complaints
and makes every attempt to resolve.
11. Assures timely follow up of patient, family, staff; and
physician concerns after consultation with the Director and
communicates outcome to Director.
12. Communicates all unresolved patient issues to the Director
and/or the appropriate hospital personnel.
13. Maintains a tidy Unit - ensures staff keep Unit clean and tidy.
Ensures staff follows regulations regarding storage, hallway
clearance and other safety standards.
14. Assists in the control and monitoring of supply costs to
achieve flexed budgeted costs.
15. Identifies areas of cost savings through labor and supply
utilization efficiencies and communicates suggestions to Director.
General Position Duties and Responsibilities 1. Supports changes in
clinical practice and assists the Department Director implementing
changes in hospital policies or practices.
2. Functions as a resource to co-workers. Acts as preceptor and
role model as needed.
3. Ensures compliance with departmental policies and procedures.
Assume responsibility for knowledge and implementation of policy,
procedure, and applies to practice.
4. Assists with the development and initiation of strategic plans
and goals for the Unit, and with development, review and revision
of Policies and Procedures as requested by Director.
5. Maintains competence in nursing practice through attending in
services and participation in ongoing continuing education per
6. Attends Annual Competencies as scheduled.
7. Participates in the Quality Improvement Program as requested by
Unit Director. Is observant of staff performance and practices, and
reports deficiencies to Department Director.
8. Displays professional behaviors, which include quality of care,
performance accountability, education, collegiality, ethics,
collaboration, research and resource utilization.
9. Demonstrates effective, positive, and responsible relationships
with patients, families, medical director & key physicians,
employees, management & administration, and related outside
10. Follows appropriate chain of command for problem resolution
approaching problem solving with a positive attitude and
11. Maintains and improves current knowledge of regulations
pertaining to long term care.
12. Reports any observed unsafe conditions to appropriate
13. Utilizes standard precautions. Ensures others observed follow
14. Handles and disposes hazardous waste safely and
15. Consistently handles oxygen safely
16. Reports malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate department
17. Ensures call lights are answered timely when not actively
involved in other duties. Reports patient need to the appropriate
14. Adheres to hospital attendance/tardiness policy.
15. Demonstrates guest relations in communication, cooperation and
in giving assistance to patients, physicians, co-workers and
visitors in a prompt and courteous manner. The Unit achieving 4 or
5 star PSMS scores in a majority of months of the year demonstrates
success in this component.
16. Acts as the patients advocate and assures that patient rights
17. Observes for, and promptly reports to the Director or
Ombudsman, any observed patient abuse. Immediately intervenes
appropriately if observes abuse in order to protect the patient
from harm. Understands the law as it pertains to mandated
18. Participates in all Code Blue, Fire, Disaster and other
emergency drill when present to ensure knows role in event of
19. Attends all Ethics and other education required by the
Hospital, Unit or Director.
20. Other duties as appropriately assigned by Unit Director.
Qualifications Required: Current California RN License
Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum of 3 years clinical experience
Demonstrated clinical competence and leadership skills
Demonstrated ability to present self in positive and professional
Current American Heart Association BLS Certification (maintain
current at all times) Preferred: Previous management experience.
Pay range: $51.18 - $81.91 Individual wages are determined based
upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an
individual's qualifications and experience Tenet complies with
federal, state, and/or local laws regarding mandatory vaccination
of its workforce. If you are offered this position and must be
vaccinated under any applicable law, you will be required to show
proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval of a religious or
medical exemption prior to your start date. If you receive an
exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will be required to
submit to regular testing in accordance with the law. Employment
practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or
employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy),
national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any
other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , RN Clinical Manager 4 East SNF Per Diem Days, Executive , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!