Director 4 Sinatra Ortho Surg Onc Full Time Days
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385-bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. ---Our compassionate team
provides a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services,
including acute care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal
surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled
nursing, as well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema
The Director has a 24-hour, 7 days a week responsibility to provide
leadership for the cost center (s). This includes planning,
organizing, staff development, performance management, quality
fiscal and information management, regulatory compliance, building
and enhancing relationships through customer relations, and
appropriate professional involvement. The Director is accountable
for the management of the cost center(s) within the established
budget. The Director will work closely with medical directors,
medical department chairs, physicians, and other disciplines to
develop services and ensure quality. Access to all Patient Health
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the
ages of the patients served.
- Ensures standards of care, policies, and procedures are
- Current and that they have been reviewed with all staff
members. Reviews and revises policies and procedures as necessary,
but not less than every three years.
- Develops short-term goals and objectives consistent with those
of the organization. Submits and discusses established goals and
objectives with administration at least annually. Assures
departmental action plans meet departmental and organizational
goals, problem solving effectively within the department and with
other departments to achieve these goals.
- Assures regulatory compliance with Title XXII.
- Assures regulatory compliance with TJC
- Regularly attends Nurse Executive Council and takes personal
responsibility for the quality and integrity of Nursing
Administration. Regularly volunteers for and completes special
- Submits sound annual budget plan by negotiation deadline
- Achieves YTD compliance with labor hour benchmark per unit of
service. Submits pay period productivity variance reports on time,
identifying rationale for substantive variances.
- Controls and monitors supply costs to achieve flexed budgeted
costs on a quarterly basis.
- Reviews statistical analysis information and corrects any
- Identifies and implements cost savings through labor and supply
- Promotes sound staffing practice by optimizing the utilization
of human resources. Anticipates and forecasts personnel needs of
the department with regard to fluctuations in the projected
- Maintains a written staffing plan consistent with department's
productivity benchmark. Maintains an individual patient
classification system which predicts nursing care requirements by
shift, and maintains documentation to discern trends and patterns
of nursing care delivery by shift and staff mix.
- Ensures that current criteria-based job performance standard
and applicable competencies exist each member of the staff. Ensures
that performance evaluations are completed in a timely fashion for
both annual and evaluations.
- Continually monitors the department's activities and takes
appropriate action to ensure efficient and effective operation.
Observes ongoing operations and analyzes performance to identify
- Assesses and implements staff development and cross-training as
- Coordinates timely attendance at hospital orientation and all
mandatory continuing education programs for department employees.
Assures current, comprehensive, and timely department specific
orientation for all new employees.
- Supports all hospital programs to include, but not limited to,
risk management, safety, infection control.
- Maintains personal current knowledge and expertise in the
specialty field of the department, and of regulatory requirements
of the department.
- Productively criticizes and effectively counsels staff in a
- Obtains feedback on a regular basis from other departments.
Develops action plans to achieve improvement.
- Maintains a good working rapport with all staff, and other
departments which require frequent interactions and coordination of
- Establishes and maintains a routine mode of communication with
staff, e.g., monthly staff meetings and written
- Communicates self and staff concerns and problems through
proper written and verbal channels.
- Communicates, cooperates, and performs related duties with
other members of the hospital staff and administration in a
courteous and efficient manner to actively contribute to overall
hospital goals and objectives.
- Assists with the development of and execution of a plan of
staff involvement and growth through delegation of appropriate
- Acts as a team member within the department and within the
- Demonstrates effective and responsible relationships with
patients, families, medical director and key physicians, employees,
management and administration, and related outside
- Assures timely follow up of patient, family, staff, and
- Assures effective staff recognition.
- Identifies priority quality improvement and customer
- Schedules the collection of data for these initiatives, and
other ongoing reviews which serve as quality trending. Monitors and
reviews the results with department staff on a regular
- Achieves measurable improvement in key quality initiatives,
which include both process, e.g., documentation, and outcome
- Achieves measurable improvement in customer service.
- Reports at least annually to the designated hospital quality
- Assures department compliance with TJC and other accrediting
body standards as they are updates/revised.
- Works with Medical Staff partners to meet performance
- Current California RN license
- Current American Heart Association BLS
- Three (3) years' experience in clinical specialty.
- Current knowledge of the field, with evidence of ongoing
continuing education in clinical specialty
- Progressive healthcare experience including at least two years'
- Basic computer competence.
- Demonstrated competence as a leader.
Master's Degree (MSN, MHA, MBA)
Pay Range: $59.24 - $94.79Individual wages are determined based
upon a number of factors including, but not limited to, an
individual's qualifications and experience
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
2305037878Employment practices will not be influenced or affected
by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex
(including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic
information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will
make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with
disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , Director 4 Sinatra Ortho Surg Onc Full Time Days, Executive , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!