Job 1404 Nurse Director Telemetry Palm Springs CA
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: May 20, 2023
JOB TITLE (#1404):Nurse Director / TelemetryPalm Springs, CAA
hospital located in Palm Springs, California, is seeking a
Registered Nurse - Nurse Director to join their team. Their
compassionate team provides a wide range of inpatient and
outpatient services, including acute care rehabilitation, joint
replacement & spinal surgery, neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry,
step-down care, skilled nursing, as well as outpatient therapy,
hand, and lymphedema clinics.Compensation and Benefits:
- The salary for this position is Competitive and Negotiable
- This is a Full-time position
- Full BenefitsRequirements:
- Must have a bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Must have a California RN license (maintain current at all
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in a clinical
- Must have current knowledge of the field, with evidence of
ongoing continuing education in clinical specialty
- Must have progressive healthcare experience including at least
2 years of supervisory experience.
- Must have a current American Heart Association BLS and ACLS
Certification (maintain current at all times)
- Must have an EKG certificate of completion (maintain current at
- Must have basic computer competenceResponsibilities:
- Has a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week responsibility to provide
leadership for the cost center (s). This includes planning,
organizing, staff development, performance management, quality
fiscal and information management, regulatory compliance, building
and enhancing relationships through customer relations, and
appropriate professional involvement.
- Accountable for the management of the cost center(s) within the
established budget. The Director will work closely with medical
directors, medical department chairs, physicians, and other
disciplines to develop services and ensure quality. Access to all
Patient Health Information.
- Knowledge of interventional cardiology, protocols, and
medications. Competent in arrhythmia interpretation.
- Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the
ages of the patients served.
- Management of Department: Directs and administers the
operations/services of the department and establishes department
direction and guidelines for accountability within prescribed
policy and procedure of the organization.
- Ensures standards of care, policies, and procedures are
appropriate and current and that they have been reviewed with all
staff members. Reviews and revises policies and procedures as
necessary, but not less than every three years.
- Develops short-term goals and objectives consistent with those
of the organization. Submits and discusses established goals and
objectives with administration at least annually. Assures
departmental action plans meet departmental and organizational
goals, problem-solving effectively within the department and with
other departments to achieve these goals.
- Assures regulatory compliance with Title XXII.
- Assures regulatory compliance with TJC
- Regularly attends Nurse Executive Council and takes personal
responsibility for the quality and integrity of Nursing
Administration. Regularly volunteers for and completes special
- Submits sound annual budget plan by negotiation deadline
- Achieves YTD compliance with labor hour benchmark per unit of
- Submits pay period productivity variance reports on time,
identifying the rationale for substantive variances.
- Controls and monitors supply costs to achieve flexed budgeted
costs on a quarterly basis.
- Reviews statistical analysis information and corrects any
- Identifies and implements cost savings through labor and supply
- Promotes sound staffing practices by optimizing the utilization
of human resources. Anticipates and forecasts personnel needs of
the department with regard to fluctuations in the projected
- Maintains a written staffing plan consistent with the
department's productivity benchmark. Maintains an individual
patient classification system that predicts nursing care
requirements by shift, and maintains documentation to discern
trends and patterns of nursing care delivery by shift and staff
- Ensures that current criteria-based job performance standards
and applicable competencies exist for each member of the staff.
Ensures that performance evaluations are completed in a timely
fashion for both annual and evaluations.
- Continually monitors the department's activities and takes
appropriate action to ensure efficient and effective operation.
Observes ongoing operations and analyze performance to identify
- Assesses and implements staff development and cross-training as
- Coordinates timely attendance at hospital orientation and all
mandatory continuing education programs for department employees.
Assures current, comprehensive, and timely department-specific
orientation for all new employees.
- Supports all hospital programs to include, but not limited to,
risk management, safety, and infection control.
- Maintains personal current knowledge and expertise in the
specialty field of the department, and of regulatory requirements
of the department.
- Productively criticizes and effectively counsels staff in a
- Obtains feedback on a regular basis from other departments.
Develops action plans to achieve improvement.
- Maintains a good working rapport with all staff and other
departments which requires frequent interactions and coordination
- Establishes and maintains a routine mode of communication with
staff, e.g. Monthly staff meetings and written communications.
- Communicates self and staff concerns and problems through
proper written and verbal channels.
- Communicates, cooperates, and performs related duties with
other members of the hospital staff and administration in a
courteous and efficient manner to actively contribute to overall
hospital goals and objectives.
- Assists with the development of and execution of a plan of
staff involvement and growth through delegation of appropriate
- Acts as a team member within the department and within the
- Demonstrates effective and responsible relationships with
patients, families, medical directors, key physicians, employees,
management and administration, and related outside agencies.
- Assures timely follow-up of patient, family, staff, and
- Assures effective staff recognition.
- Identifies priority quality improvement and customer
- Schedules the collection of data for these initiatives, and
other ongoing reviews which serve as quality trending. Monitors and
reviews the results with department staff on a regular basis.
- Achieves measurable improvement in key quality initiatives,
which include both process, e.g., documentation, and outcome
- Achieves measurable improvement in customer service.
- Reports at least annually to the designated hospital quality
- Assures department compliance with TJC and other accrediting
body standards as they are updated/revised.Greenlife Healthcare
Staffing is a nationwide recruitment agency, matching both new
grads and advanced practitioners to hospitals, clinics, nursing
homes, multi-specialty groups, and private practices.If you would
like to learn more about other opportunities we offer, please call
our office: (800) 608-4025 or submit your Resume/CV to us.
Keywords: WayUp, Palm Springs , Job 1404 Nurse Director Telemetry Palm Springs CA, Executive , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...