Conference Services/Meeting and Events Manager
Company: Parker Palm Springs
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: May 15, 2022
Scope:Responsible for coordination of all group bookings once
the group has been turned definite and until departure. Acts as
liaison between client, Sales Managers and operational departments.
Present for all major group arrivals/departures and VIP banquet
events. Responsible for assisting with office projects as delegated
by the Director of Conference Services.
- Contacts assigned groups upon receipt of day file to introduce
oneself and explain the conference service concept. Re-confirms
cut-off date, room block, meetings, attendees, etc.
- Handles all group related activities from time of arrival to
- Follows-up on pre-arrival information, check-in arrangements,
billing procedures, changes and discrepancies, including
- Process necessary paperwork on changes, cancellations and
additions prior to arrival. -
- Handles VIP reservations by tracing and confirming.
- Becomes thoroughly familiar with all clauses of client
- Aggressively upsells client hospitality suite requirements,
VIP's, amenities, suites, banquet food & beverage and special
- Acts in collaboration with the Sales Manager to Re-book future
- Assists with the general sales phone line.
- Updates 14-day arrival report with relevant groups for weekly
distribution at Tuesday resume meetings.
- Responsible for booking and coordinating Meeting in Suites in
conjunction with the Room Service Manager.
- Prepares Delphi reports as directed by Director of Conference
- Conduct/assist with inter-departmental investigations on
billing, client complaints and follow-up as required.
- Prepares group resumes & BEO's in adherence with the
- Responsible for the receipt and processing of all rooming list,
banquet event orders, deposits (required after the contract phase),
pro-formas and pre-payments.
- Works closely with Front Office Supervisory staff and Bell
staff to ensure smooth group arrival and delivery of services.
- Works closely with Group Sales Assistant and delegates when
- Coordinates client group activities -and needs with relevant
- Attends Coordinator, Resume, BEO and Sales meetings as
- Participates in quarterly GRC and banquet function space audits
in preparation for monthly forecast meetings. -
- Maintains clean, accurate master files.
- Open Master Files for new accounts.
- Performs any other related duties as determined by the Director
of Conference Services.
Keywords: Parker Palm Springs, Palm Springs , Conference Services/Meeting and Events Manager, Executive , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!