Company: Indian Wells Country Club
Location: Indian Wells
Posted on: November 23, 2021
A Private Club, its facility, services and staff constitute an
environment dedicated to providing recognition, quality service,
overall satisfaction and value to its Members. The General Managers
primary purpose is to assure all actions are coordinated to exceed
Member expectations, while achieving the Clubs revenue objectives
and satisfying the financial covenants and contractual obligations.
The single indicator of a General Managers success is continued
growth, achieved through effective marketing, sales, Member
Relations and operational quality, as measured by growth in actual
net Members, Adjusted EBITDA, Net Dues and Initiation Fees.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES The General Manager is
accountable for setting direction, allocating resources and
ensuring execution in the Club environment. Success will be
evaluated by demonstrating the following:
- To secure and maintain active, positive involvement from the
Board of Governors by: sharing the "vision" for the Club and the
means to achieve it gaining its support to build a culture of
Member focus, quality and service soliciting input on specific
issues which affect their Members reporting the "state of the Club"
on a regular basis through Board Meetings demonstrating respect and
recognition for each Board Member in any contacts with the
- Keeping the Board of Governors regularly informed as to the
state of the Club through well-organized, documented and effective
- Develop aggressive sales, marketing and net revenue plans and
direct successful implementation, following established financial
plans and revenue guidelines in all areas.
- Responsible for setting club goals, both qualitative and
quantitative. Develop business and financial plans for club.
Monitor club performance according to plan on a daily/weekly basis
and taking appropriate actions as needed to assure expected
revenues are realized from each operating area in the Club. Work
with Department Heads to develop and implement actions to ensure
clubs performance from each operating area to plan.
- Ensure all expense control systems are in place with close
monitoring of all department expenses including revenue to payroll
ratio. Ensure appropriate forecasting systems are utilized.
- Maintain exceptional Member Relations and facilities by
creating a quality environment through staffing, programming,
service operations, and maintenance.
- Actively market Club Memberships, Member services and
facilities to attract new Members and achieve revenue
- Identify programming opportunities for Member events in all
operational areas, i.e., food beverage, /golf/tennis/athletic and
other recreational facilities, as applicable, that satisfy on-going
Member needs and implement to achieve revenue objectives. Actively
utilize Member Committees and the Board of Governors.
- Develop departmental sales plan, in conjunction with the
Department Heads and Regional Staff, including specific tactics for
revenue generation. Motivate sales staff to achieve revenue goals
per departmental sales plan by conducting weekly sales meetings.
Involve all club personnel in generating revenue through constant
communication on the importance of continuous income stream.
Research and analyze current and future market areas, and develop
sales strategy based on data.
- Monitor Member attrition. Develop action plans to curtail
Member attrition and maintain it at the lowest possible level.
Personally contacting resigning Member to ascertain the reasons for
resigning, with documentation.
- Works with the Director of GCM/Superintendent to ensure quality
of course, maintaining of budget and compliance to company
standards, as well as environmental regulation compliance.
- Ensure that the club meets all debt and lease term obligations,
as applicable. Fiduciary responsibility to ensure that the club
meets all contractual obligations.
- Ensure the club is not placed in a position of liability by
acts of negligence or poor management decisions.
- Completing all required financial and administrative
reporting/audits accurately and on time through the Office
Administrator (OA) and/or Regional Accounting Manager (RAM).
Assuring all accounting practices are in compliance with GAAP and
ClubCorps established accounting policies and procedures.
- Directing the OA to effectively manage accounts receivable and
collections. Assist with collections that escalate to
- Responsible for managing and setting the expectations that
Department Heads will identify and develop employee development
plans in all departments for career advancement through the use of
performance review systems, cross training, and goal setting.
- Coordinating the People Strategy needs from each Club operating
area into an organized, well-defined human resources plan which
identifies recruiting and placement targets, specific actions to
address developmental needs, recognition and training
- Recruit, select, develop and continually evaluate a qualified
staff of Department Heads to understand the relationships between
value, Member Satisfaction and Member retention/attrition, while
achieve departmental revenue objectives and net margins.
- Create a motivating work environment, centered upon teamwork
and mutual respect that is expected to focus upon Member and
Employee Partner Satisfaction, while exceeding the Clubs revenue
objectives. OTHER ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Because of the fluctuating demands of the companys operation,
it may be necessary that each Employee Partner perform a multitude
of different functions therefore, as an essential part of your
position, you will be expected to help others when the occasion
arises, just as other Employee Partners are expected to help you.
Accordingly, you may be expected to perform other tasks as needed
or as directed.
- Adhere to all of the various company, club and department
written mandatory standards of operations, policies and procedures,
manuals, memos, oral instructions, etc., all of which go to make up
the essential functions of the job.
- Responsible for conduct oneself as a representative for the
Companys management team, by visibly supporting and implementing
policy and demonstrating high standards of ethics and integrity
with Members, peers and employees..
- Responsible for maintaining good conduct and safe working
habits while in all areas and assuring that others are acting
safely. Audit assets, maintenance procedures and safety practices
in each Club operating area through the staff of Department Heads
to assure a secure, safe environment is maintained.
- Apply initiative to achieve personal/professional growth as a
member of the Companys management team and maintain professional
certifications as they may apply to the specific product line.
- Ensure all Club Policies Procedures are adhered to and ensure
all Club staff are accountable for compliance of theses Policies
- Assuring each Club Employee Partner in high Member contact
areas has successfully completed training and is actively promoting
- Actively participate in Club events, acting to facilitate
Members to create their own value, making use of significant
personal contact as a means of gathering feedback.
- Take initiative to solve problems, utilizing all available
resources including regional and corporate staff.
- Ensure service recovery programs are in place, staff is
properly training to execute and being properly utilized as set
forth by management.
- Personally handle serious Member complaints/concerns quickly
and effectively to ensure issues are resolved to the Members
- Lead and motivate others to achieve expected outcomes.
- Manage time effectively.
- Maintaining an "open door" and providing a forum for Employee
Partners to voice concerns and provide input in confidence and
without fear of reprisals.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: 5+ years in club mgt or related field
- EDUCATION: Bachelors Degree - In Hospitality Mgt, Business
Admin, and Marketing, Economics preferred and/or CMAA
certification, Food Mgt Professional certification
- CERTIFICATION/LICENSE: Certified as GM by Regional Staff.
- BUDGET CONTROL/RESPONSIBILITY: Responsible for up to million to
multi-million dollar business. Errors in judgment regarding expense
allocation could seriously affect the profit/loss position of their
- SECURITY/CONFIDENTIALITY: Deals with highly confidential
material (ie. Member/Employee Data)
- PERFORMANCE STANDARDS: Computer literacy required/Spreadsheet
knowledge required. Computer skills, good communication skills,
ability to be a strong leader
- WORKING CONDITIONS/ENVIRONMENT: Professional indoor office/club
Keywords: Indian Wells Country Club, Palm Springs , General Manager, Executive , Indian Wells, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!