Retail Assistant General Manager I - Retail
Company: Goodwill Southern California
Location: Rancho Mirage
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Goodwill Southern California (GSC) prepares and places thousands
of individuals into sustainable employment through programs and
services throughout Los Angeles, Riverside and San Bernardino
counties. As one of the leading non-profit brands in the world, and
the largest non-profit in Southern California, we have been
transforming lives through the power of work for over 100 years.
Goodwill Southern California supports its mission with proceeds
generated from over 78 retail stores and over 44 attended donation
centers, as well as from charitable donations and grants from the
public and private sectors. Goodwill SoCal is a rapidly evolving
organization and yet we have never been more focused --- on our
mission, on our people, and on our future. It---s always a GOOD day
in SoCal! This position requires that candidates provide proof of
full COVID-19 vaccination after receiving a conditional job offer
at least 7 days prior to their start date. ---Fully vaccinated---
means that at least two weeks have passed since you received 1)
your second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or 2) one dose of
the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Primary Responsibility / Summary
Responsible for the efficient operation of a retail store. Under
the direction of the General Manager, leads store team to achieve
established goals for sales, production, customer service, payroll,
safety and expense control. Closely collaborates with General
Manager to achieve store standards and goals. Essential Duties &
- Ensures excellent service and team relations. Engages with
ambassadors, customers and donors, while presenting a friendly and
cooperative attitude. Under direction of General Manager, provides
appropriate training as needed.
- Leads team to maintain a clean and safe environment by ensuring
company safety standards are met, social distancing procedures and
personal protective equipment policies are followed.
- Under the guidance of the General Manager, achieves financial
objectives by monitoring weekly budget; analyzing variances; and
initiating corrective actions.
- Leads and ensures donated goods are received using the tablet,
processed timely and meet company standards of quantity and quality
- Supervisory responsibilities include; assisting in
interviewing, and training ambassadors; planning, assigning,
scheduling and directing work; providing input on performance
appraisals; recognizing, developing ambassadors; addressing
complaints and resolving problems. Follows up on all assigned
projects. Gives corrective feedback under direction of General
- Follows proper auditing procedures, customer relations,
regulatory compliance and reporting.
- Reviews merchandising needs on a daily basis, leads team to
achieve daily production goals to support daily sales goals and
- Ensures store asset control and security policies and
procedures are enforced.
- Monitors and maintains salesfloor, production area, structural,
electrical, store equipment, landscaping, housekeeping, loss
prevention and safety to company standards.
- Attends meetings and training as required. If required to drive
for a work event, you should have a valid CDL and required auto
- Work flexible shifts; including nights, weekends, holidays and
overtime when needed.
- May be required to work at a near by location. Additional
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs necessary janitorial work.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned. Supervisory
- This job supervises 5-15 ambassadors when acting as
Manager-on-duty. Qualifications To perform this job successfully,
an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Min 2 year of retail store experience required.
- Good communication and people skills.
- Demonstrated maturity and leadership skills in leading
- Abilities to work with minimal supervision; self-starter is a
- Excellent customer relations skills.
- Must be proficient in using personal computers and other
technology necessary to complete the activities assigned.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook, completing surveys
using electronic platforms in order to complete daily tasks. Other
- Ability to handle confidential information.
- Punctual and dependable attendance.
- Free from alcohol and drug abuse.
- Understands the basic philosophy of Goodwill and participates
fully in carrying out its mission.
- Adheres to Goodwill---s values of Respect, Integrity, Service,
& Excellence. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- None required. Other Educational Skills & Abilities
- Must have basic knowledge of computer programs in a Windows
environment, including Word, Excel and E-mail. English Language
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or ambassadors of
organization. Mathematical Skills
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic
algebra and geometry. Reasoning Ability
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of
concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization
exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in
written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Computer Skills
- Microsoft Words, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Physical
Demands The physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an ambassador to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Normal vision, with or without correction,
required Work Environment The physical, mental & environmental
conditions in which the work is performed. The work environment
characteristics described are representative of those an ambassador
encounters while performing the essential functions of this
position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- New Hire Orientation
- Supervisory Essentials training
- AB1825: Harassment Prevention training Values-Based Work
Environment Notice Goodwill Southern California provides a
values-based work environment for our ambassadors. All individuals
are expected to support and promote our values:
- We treat everyone with respect, compassion and inclusion,
recognizing their contributions and differences.
- We conduct business with transparency, integrity and
- We serve, empower and advocate for our clients, community,
business partners and each other.
- We pursue a vision of excellence and continuous improvement to
better the lives of those we serve. The above description is not
intended to be an ---all-inclusive--- list of the duties and
responsibilities of the job described, nor is it intended to be
such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
Rather, it is intended only to describe the general nature of the
job. Ambassador Signature Printed Name Date Pre-Employment Testing
- Drug Screen
- Background Check
- Employment Verification
- Integrity Test Goodwill Industries in Southern California is an
equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment
to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If
you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant
under the law, please click here:
Goodwill gives preferential consideration to persons with barriers
to employment. Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Equal Employment Opportunity Goodwill is committed to a policy of
equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees.
Employment decisions will comply with all applicable laws
prohibiting discrimination in employment including Title VII of the
Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Age Discrimination Employment Act of
1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, the Immigration
and Nationality Act, and any other characteristic protected by
federal or state law. Nondiscrimination on the Basis of
Disabilities In furtherance of our commitment to end discrimination
against qualified disabled individuals, and in accordance with the
provisions of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the
Americans with Disabilities Act, and all regulations properly
issued thereunder to protect the rights of qualified disabled
persons, it is Goodwill's policy that no program or activity
administered by it shall exclude from participation, deny benefits
to or subject to discrimination any individual solely by reason of
his or her disability. Equal employment opportunity will be
extended to qualified disabled persons in all aspects of the
employer-employee relationship, including recruitment, hiring,
upgrading, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff,
recall and termination. We further affirm that we will provide
reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental
limitations of an otherwise qualified disabled employee or
applicant. It is the policy of Goodwill to provide reasonable
accommodations for qualified persons with disabilities who are
employees or applicants for employment. If you need assistance for
accommodations to interview because of a disability, please notify
the Human Resources Department. Employment opportunities will not
be denied to anyone because of the need to make reasonable
accommodations for a disability. Other details
- Job Family :Retail
- Pay Type :Hourly
- Hiring Rate :$16.25
Keywords: Goodwill Southern California, Palm Springs , Retail Assistant General Manager I - Retail, Executive , Rancho Mirage, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!