Site Operations Director - Medical Devices
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: January 7, 2021
Site Operations Director - Medical Devices
At Vyaire, we help the world breathe easier. As a global leader in
respiratory care, we know what we do enables, improves and extends
lives. We are a young company with a long history of revolutionary
products. We devise extraordinary solutions that allow patients to
lead ordinary lives. We believe the best way to create value for
our customers, is to become invaluable. We know a dynamic culture
with diversity of thought makes this possible. Our colleagues are
people who specialize in exceeding expectations, building lasting
relationships and making it a priority to listen. We are dedicated
to anticipating what's next and get it done. We thrive on
contributing and making a difference.
To learn more, visit our website: www.vyaire.com
Watch our video:
About this role
Vyaire teams are dedicated to connecting clinicians and patients
with the highest quality respiratory healthcare solutions in the
market. At Vyaire, you will find a company that puts the customer
at the center of all we do. Our culture is one that rewards
performance and each interaction we have with a customer furthers
our mission to be the global leader in respiratory care.
As a Site Operations Director, you will oversee and direct
manufacturing activities ensuring products are manufactured safely,
on schedule, within budget and to all required Quality Management
System standards - so that we reach our ultimate goal of improving
patient outcomes and creating value for our customers.
- Ensure a safe and compliant work environment.
- Focus on the customer - develop strategies that deliver
best-in-class product availability. Work cross-functionally, within
Ops and Commercial teams, to achieve this goal.
- Strategic site focus - by understanding Vyaire strategic
objectives, create a multi-year strategic plan for the site, which
add value to the overall enterprise, while flawless serving our
customers product requirements.
- Work with management to establish production and quality
control standards, develop budget and cost controls, and obtain
data regarding types, quantities, specification, and delivery dates
of products ordered.
- Plan and direct production activities, establish priorities to
ensure effective operations and cost.
- Manage materials and control plant spending by gauging
production needs and utilize TQM, 6 Sigma and lean processes to
reduce variability and improve inefficiencies.
- Review and analyze production, quality control, maintenance,
and operation reports to determine causes of any product or
- Develop and implement operating methods and procedures designed
to eliminate operating problems and improve product
- Consult with engineering team as needed to improve production
and quality of products.
- Develop an Annual Operating Plan and track performance ensuring
we meet monthly, quarterly and yearly goals. Implement strategies
to improve production rates and yields.
- Develop production plans for the control and planned outputs,
budget, labor and material efficiency, engineering effectiveness,
customer service and order entry efficiency, etc.
- Define and recommend objectives in each area of the operation.
Develop specific short-term and long-term plans and programs, with
supporting budget requests and financial estimates.
- Reviews and approves cost control reports, cost estimates, and
facility requirement forecasts.
- Establish and manage operating budgets within Manufacturing
- Review and approve the implementation of manufacturing and
organizational plans that support the Operations Master Plan.
- Degree in engineering, business management,
operations/production management, or related discipline.
- 5+ years' experience in a manufacturing environment. 5+ years'
experience in plant leadership.
- Experience in lean manufacturing.
- Knowledge of health and safety standards.
- Experience working in the medical device industry is
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- Experience with ERP System and Plex manufacturing software a
- Effective communication skills.
Palm Springs, CA
Keywords: Vyaire, Palm Springs , Site Operations Director - Medical Devices, Executive , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!