Company: Skywest Airlines
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: November 25, 2018
SkyWest Airlines is the largest independently owned regional airline. While our business reputation is based upon our operational and fiscal savviness, the true essence of SkyWest's success has always been our people. We operate in a team-based environment and provide limitless opportunities for dedicated individuals to move their career in positive directions. We are also serious about providing outstanding career opportunities in addition to world-class benefits like: 401(k), Performance Rewards, Health Care, Retirement and Discounted Travel Worldwide. Some benefits of this position are the ability to work on the entire aircraft, tool allowance, four 10-hour shifts, shift trade flexibility, unmatched on-the-job training, and many more.
Moving Reimbursement package is available, as well as, a tool allowance.
SkyWest Airlines is currently looking for qualified applicants to work in the following location(s): Boise, Chicago, Fort Wayne, Fresno, Milwaukee, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Salt Lake City, South Bend, and Tucson. If you would prefer working at this/these location(s), ensure that you put one of them as your preferred location. If you would rather be added to a wait list for another location, you may select that city as your preferred location, and we will email you updates of when that base is hiring. SkyWest Airlines currently performs maintenance in: Boise, Chicago, Colorado Springs, Detroit, Fort Wayne, Fresno, Milwaukee, Nashville, Oklahoma City, Palm Springs, Salt Lake City, South Bend and Tucson. Once your application is reviewed we may invite you to complete a video interview. Please watch for an additional email and monitor your junk email box.
As a SkyWest A&P mechanic, you will be responsible to perform all maintenance functions and effectively troubleshoot all aircraft. Will be responsible for proficiency in all documentation and paperwork.
- Must be able to effectively troubleshoot all aircraft systems
- Will be responsible for making critical decisions regarding aircraft safety in a timely manner
- Must be able to perform all line maintenance functions unsupervised, at any time
- Will be responsible for proficiency in all documentation and paperwork, including parts paperwork
- RII and Airworthiness Releases will be required
- Meet all FAA and Safety Requirements
- Must hold a valid FAA issued A&P Certificate upon hire
- Good troubleshooting skills
- CRJ and EMB experience preferred
- RII Airworthiness duties expected
- Must have excellent communication and people skills
- Problem solving and organizational skills are required
- Willing to work nights and holidays
- Exercise good judgment in working with people in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety
- Must hold a valid A&P Certificate
- Must be familiar with and be able to read and understand Company and Manufacturer Manuals
- Able to comfortably lift 75 lbs. routinely with or without a reasonable accommodation
- Must possess a valid driver license
- Must have a reliable source of transportation to get to and from your base; at your own expense
Keywords: Skywest Airlines, Palm Springs , A&P Mechanic, Engineering , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!