IT Security Engineer
Company: Micro-Data Systems Inc.
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: November 16, 2023
Job Description Summary
Responsible for assisting the Director of IT Security and
Compliance with the security-related design, implementation, and
support ofinfrastructure and systems. Assists with ensuring that
all technology platforms and systems are protected against threats
and vulnerabilities while maintaining their overall integrity and
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (other duties may be
- Assist with ensuring all technology platforms and systems are
protected against threats and vulnerabilities while maintaining
their overall integrity and security.
- Work with internal and external resources on designing,
configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting I.T. Security
applications and systems.
- Detect, investigate and respond to I.T. Security related
- Identify and define security requirements for operating systems
- Assist with the creation, development, and maintenance of I.T.
security-related policies, procedures, and standards
- Participate in vulnerability detection and associated
- Ensures completion of regular reviews of system-generated
security-log exception reports and compliance sampling of internal
and regulatory policies, procedures, standards and
- Ensure all systems operate in accordance with all applicable
Tribal regulatory controls, federal standards (PCI, GDPR , CCPA,
- Maintain knowledge of current and emerging vulnerabilities,
malware, infiltration techniques, forensics, and threats.
- Perform internal and external (vendors, contractors,
consultants) vulnerability assessments to identify weaknesses and
assess the effectiveness of existing controls.
- Assist with audit requests for documentation, responses and
- Assist with I.T. Security training and User Awareness
- Assist the I.T. teams with identifying and resolving I.T.
- Implement education and training programs on information
security and privacy matters for team members and other authorized
- Develop, implement and maintain risk assessment, incident
reporting and response systems, to address security breaches,
policy violations and grievances from external parties.
- Participate in investigations of situations in which security
may have been compromised and notify IT management of any unusual
transactions impacting system security.
- Work closely with other IT security leadership on ensuring
system enhancements do not compromise compliance requirements or
- Develop and maintain collaborative partnerships with all
relevant internal departments as well as external vendors,
regarding IT security-related information technology
- Keep abreast of the latest I.T. security and privacy
legislation, regulations, advisories, alerts and vulnerabilities
and develops implementation strategies to ensure the company's
security program and software remain current and secure.
- Provide outstanding customer service in a timely manner to both
guests and fellow team members.
- Backup Cyber Security Analyst II as required
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of three years of I.T. security experience plus an
additional 2 years of experience in I.T. security administration,
server administration or network administration
- Industry certification (such as CompTIA Security+, CySA+, or
similar) is highly desired.
- Experience with I.T. security systems, including firewalls,
endpoint protection, SSO, authentication systems, MDM, log
management, content filtering, remote access, etc.
- Experience with and understanding of the NIST Cyber Security
- Experience with multiple industry-leading security testing
environments and tools, as well as, network assessment tools such
as SIEM, Nessus, Tenable Security Center
- Working knowledge of Tribal compliance, regulations and
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to work under pressure
in a constantly evolving environment.
- Must have a reliable means of transportation
- Willing and able to work any and all shifts as assigned,
including weekends and holidays
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must be able to communicate in English.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or information sciences
from a four-year college or university, an equivalent combination
of education and experience will be considered.
Keywords: Micro-Data Systems Inc., Palm Springs , IT Security Engineer, Engineering , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!