RN TNCC Instructor Trauma Center Per Diem Days
Company: Desert Regional Medical Center
Location: Palm Springs
Posted on: September 16, 2023
Desert Regional Medical Center is a 385-bed acute-care hospital
classified as a stroke receiving center and level 2 trauma facility
with an innovative, patient centered and evidence-based
Rehabilitation Services Department. Our compassionate team provides
a wide range of inpatient and outpatient services, including acute
care rehabilitation, joint replacement & spinal surgery,
neurosurgery, ICU, Telemetry, step-down care, skilled nursing, as
well as outpatient therapy, hand and lymphedema clinics.
The Clinical Nurse assumes principal responsibility for the total
nursing care, assessment, planning, implementation, evaluation of
each assigned patient. The staff nurse initiates teaching and
educates the patient and family/or significant other to attain
optimal health. Access to all Patient Health Information for
treatment purposes only.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES:
- Obtains information and interpret information in terms of the
- Demonstrates knowledge of growth and development.
- Understands the range of treatment needed as appropriate to the
ages of the patients served.
- Initiates interdisciplinary communications and incorporates
- Consistently demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to
provide care appropriate to the ages of the patients served in the
- Acts as a liaison between patient, physicians,
family/significant other and other health disciplines.
- Develops implements and updates an individualized teaching and
Emergency Department discharge instructions.
- Initiates and documents progressive patient and
- Facilitates the discharge process ensuring all goals are
addressed prior to discharge.
- Utilizes current theories and knowledge for accurate
assessments and evaluations on Emergency Department
- Completes acuity evaluation on all assigned patients according
to Emergency Department protocol.
- Consistently performs proficiently as a novice in the Emergency
Department. Including but not limited to: Manages an average
caseload specific to unit. Adapts to altered work patterns, sets
priorities, and modifies assignments to meet patient needs
utilizing available resources and staff ability and
- Administers medications prescribed by physicians according to
policy, including IVs, blood and blood products. Knows actions,
indications, contraindications, precautions, adverse reactions,
dosage and route of administration on all drugs before
administering to patient Verifies against MAR for accuracy on an
- Consistently recognizes, evaluates and intervenes appropriately
in life-threatening situations.
- Consistently checks for new patient orders throughout the shift
and implements them in an appropriate timeframe. Completes an end
of shift review of physician orders.
- Consistently recognizes variances of diagnostic tests, vital
signs and assessments. Notifies the physician in time appropriate
to the variance.
- Functions as a charge nurse as assigned.
- Supports changes in clinical practice as evidenced by the plan
of care for the patient and subsequent documentation.
- Functions as a resource to co-workers. Acts as preceptor, and
other duties as assigned.
- Ensures compliance with Departmental policies and procedures.
Assume responsibility for knowledge and implementation of policy,
procedure, practice, CPG, changes.
- Maintains competence in nursing practice through in services
and participation in ongoing continuing education per year. 3 =
> 25 CEU or 10 CEU + 3 Units College Credit, 2 = 10 - 24 CEU , 1
- Participates in the Quality Improvement Program.
- Monitors resource utilization and charge completion
- utilization is inconsistent and or incomplete
- Follows appropriate chain of command for problem resolution
approaching problem solving with a positive attitude and
- Consistently demonstrates accountability for supervision and
communication when assigned with LVNs , unlicensed assistive
personnel, and float personnel.
- Reports, documents, and takes appropriate action (by the end of
shift) for incidents and or quality care issues that may affect the
patients or staff well-being.
- Consistently assesses patients for risk of injury and takes
appropriate action to reduce risk and promote safety.
- Uses restraints according to policy and consistently explores
other options less restrictive. Accurate documentation demonstrated
in medical record.
- Serves as advocate for patient/family by providing information
and assists in utilization of available resources and or
alternatives for making health care decisions (i.e. advanced
directives, ethics consult etc.)
- Handles and disposes hazardous waste safely and
- Consistently handles oxygen safely
- Consistently practices hand washing and use of protective
- Establishes or assesses proper identification prior to delivery
- Requests clarification of Physician orders as necessary
TNCC or ENPC instructor Required
- Current CA Registered Nurse License
- BSN Required
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification (maintain
current at all times)
- Current American Heart Association ACLS certification (maintain
current at all times)
- Current American Heart Association PALS certification (maintain
current at all times)
- Effective verbal and written skills to communicate with people
on all levels and able to maintain positive working relationships
with parents, families, and co-workers
- Possess active listening skills
- Compassionate and non judgmental care giver and
- Able to independently manage multiple priorities
- Minimum of one year prior experience in Emergency / Trauma
- NIHSS within the first 30 days of entry into this position
MICN & TNCC Preferred
Tenet complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Pay Range: $51.66 - $79.40
Individual wages are determined based upon a number of factors
including, but not limited to, an employee's qualifications and
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an
applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status
or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable
accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless
doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Keywords: Desert Regional Medical Center, Palm Springs , RN TNCC Instructor Trauma Center Per Diem Days, Education / Teaching , Palm Springs, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!