Accounting Clerk - Finance-Corporate
Company: Eisenhower Medical Center
Location: Rancho Mirage
Posted on: June 24, 2022
* Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
* Processes invoices for payment. Key documents to generate checks.
Research correspondence. Accrue and key journal entries for
* Reports to
* Accounts Payable Manager
* Ages of Patients
* Blood Borne Pathogens
* Minimal/ No Potential
* Required: Some college courses desired.
* Required: 3-4 years A/P experience preferably in a hospital
setting and must have worked in a centralized purchasing and
* Essential Responsibilities
* Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance
policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or
concerns and report suspected violations.
* Accurately prepares and keys invoices so that checks are issued
with the correct invoice #, mailing address & applicable comments,
so checks are not released with manual corrections, Meet Standard
is 10-25 documented exceptions.
* Accurately prepares and keys invoices so that checks are not
voided due to incorrect vendor numbers, names, and/or dollar
amounts being paid. Meet Standard is 5-15 documented
* Accurately analyze, code & key invoices and supporting documents
to assure the expense is coded to the appropriate GL number so that
a JE is not required to correct the GL. Meet Standard is 5-15
* Accurately maintains recurring payable vendor accounts so that
automatic payments are generated for the correct amount, on time,
and charged to the appropriate FY and FP Meet Standard is 1-3
* Accurately records accruals so all applicable expenses are posted
to the correct GL # and recorded in the appropriate FY and FP. Meet
Standard is 2-5 documented exceptions
* Accurately records 1099 information so that annual filings do not
require adjustments. This shall include appropriate set up in the
vendor master and line item detail when imputing payment details.
Meet Standard is 4-8 documented exceptions
* Accurately tracks and records California 587 requirements so that
quarterly and/or annual filings do not require adjustments. Meeting
Standard will be 3-4 documented exceptions
* Manages all assigned vendor accounts so that payments are issued
within department guidelines. In-house check requests are processed
within at least 3 days of receiving the properly executed
documentation. Non-PO and PO invoices are paid within designated
due dates assigned according to defined payment terms. Meet
Standard is 5-6 documented exceptions
* Possesses the ability to problem solve. This shall include
conflict resolution with co-workers as well as resolving vendor
account disputes by drawing logical conclusions from a given set of
facts and working with the vendor to resolve
* Grasps new ideas and concepts within a reasonable time, follows
instructions, and asks appropriate questions for clarification, so
tasks are completed as required.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Eisenhower Medical Center, Palm Springs , Accounting Clerk - Finance-Corporate, Accounting, Auditing , Rancho Mirage, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!